Upgrade Fairy LIVES!!

Hawkeye1946

Today we got an offer to up to SS-SZ for $199pp! DH took one of his rare cheap pills this AM, so we'll pass. HOWEVER, if she visits again with an up to a SA-SC....PG for breakfast and Neptune Lounge......here we come:D

Sue

We booked an HH on the Oosterdam to Alaska leaving in a few weeks. Two days ago we got an offer for an upgrade for $199PP to a VA! We've never had a veranda before so I'm super excited. They also sent us ANOTHER offer today for another $199PP to a SZ, but we didn't bite. :)

That's a pretty good price. Truth be told I've been in an SY once. I might have biten for that price but I thought there would be more to the room then there was. I wouldn't think twice if that was an SA-SC.

Wow, all this talk of upgrading newbies makes me feel really excited. We're booked for February on our first cruise and we've booked a guaranteed verandah (BB). I think the normal verandah suites look pretty speccy, but an upgrade would send me totally into raptures of delight. I do envy you all your knowledge of cruising and cabin classes, and it's lovely to read all these threads and pick up so many little tidbits of information.

Cheers ;)

Wow, all this talk of upgrading newbies makes me feel really excited. We're booked for February on our first cruise and we've booked a guaranteed verandah (BB). I think the normal verandah suites look pretty speccy, but an upgrade would send me totally into raptures of delight. I do envy you all your knowledge of cruising and cabin classes, and it's lovely to read all these threads and pick up so many little tidbits of information.

Cheers ;)

That said, it is more difficult to get an upgrade on the smaller ships. I hope you do well!

That said, it is more difficult to get an upgrade on the smaller ships. I hope you do well!

Thank you. I really think the normal verandah suite looks so fantastic that I won't be at all disappointed. We've done a few canal boat trips in France - just the two of us on a hired vessel - but this is our first ocean going cruise together, and it's really exciting.

Cheers .. Bev

When you get these upsell offers, who generally calls you your TA or do you hear directly from HAL. Since I booked with a large Internet company, I'd think they would be less like to contact me...is this a reason to book directly with HAL and have a PCC???

When you get these upsell offers, who generally calls you your TA or do you hear directly from HAL. Since I booked with a large Internet company, I'd think they would be less like to contact me...is this a reason to book directly with HAL and have a PCC???

As these offers are usually time sensitive, it can be more effective to book direct for that reason. If you TA is "on the ball" then perhaps no advantage, this seems less likely with a large web based provider. YMMV

Most internet companies (especially large ones) have much lower rates than HAL. You need to take that into consideration.

We started out in Cat F Gty. Were assigned a Cat C. Took upsell of $99pp for VA. Got an offer to up to SZ-SS for $199pp....passed. Got upsell offer today for SY....$$99pp. Called PCC to accept...he put me on hold and came back with an offer to SA...yes, an SA for $199!!! Need I tell you what we did?? PCC could hardly believe it.....and neither could I.

Upgrade Fairy REALLY ROCKS:D:D:D

Sue

We started out in Cat F Gty. Were assigned a Cat C. Took upsell of $99pp for VA. Got an offer to up to SZ-SS for $199pp....passed. Got upsell offer today for SY....$$99pp. Called PCC to accept...he put me on hold and came back with an offer to SA...yes, an SA for $199!!! Need I tell you what we did?? PCC could hardly believe it.....and neither could I.

Upgrade Fairy REALLY ROCKS:D:D:D

Sue

Wow, ya done good:D. Have a great cruise!

Normally I wouldn't post an upgrade, but tonight I sat down to print my luggage tags for the Statendam sailing Sunday. Wow, I had been upgraded from a partial oceanview DD to a BC verandah! Not a newbie to cruising, this will be my fifteenth HAL cruise and the last thirteen have been verandah and up. Maybe the upgrade fairy knew I would be sailing solo for the first time.

Normally I wouldn't post an upgrade, but tonight I sat down to print my luggage tags for the Statendam sailing Sunday. Wow, I had been upgraded from a partial oceanview DD to a BC verandah! Not a newbie to cruising, this will be my fifteenth HAL cruise and the last thirteen have been verandah and up. Maybe the upgrade fairy knew I would be sailing solo for the first time.

Good for you! Have a great time!

Archived