RIU or Paradise Allinclusive in Nassau?

JdoggCruiser

We enjoy the Sheraton. Not an all-inclusive, but clean and pretty. The drinks are expensive there so I guess if you drink much then it would be pretty expensive. We rarely go over a drink so it is a great place for us. You get a day pass for 25.00. We are not Atlantis fans as we think it has gone down hill in the past few years. There are many that enjoy it tho.

Don't know what RIU is, but a day at Atlantis is a good way to spend your day in port if you can get a day pass. They are limited and go pretty fast some days.

RIU is a spanish based hotel chain known for all inclusive hotels in the caribbean. Atlantis is very nice but very pricey.

I'm also curious about recent opinions on these places. I have no desire to go to Atlantic--the price point is higher than I'm interested in, and I'm not sure I would feel ok about going there after a lot of what I've read (not judging those who go there...don't flame me!).

I've never been to Nassau, but I'm not feeling especially enthused about it, and am considering just staying on the ship. (I picked the cruise I'm on for the other ports, anyway, and would happily have booked one with another sea day). I'd love a beach day, but it seems from what I've read that the public beaches are full of pushy vendors (annoying), and not especially clean (icky). Do these resorts/hotels have private beaches where the vendors don't swoop down on you, or do you go primarily for pool time?

I'm also curious about recent opinions on these places. I have no desire to go to Atlantic--the price point is higher than I'm interested in, and I'm not sure I would feel ok about going there after a lot of what I've read (not judging those who go there...don't flame me!).

I've never been to Nassau, but I'm not feeling especially enthused about it, and am considering just staying on the ship. (I picked the cruise I'm on for the other ports, anyway, and would happily have booked one with another sea day). I'd love a beach day, but it seems from what I've read that the public beaches are full of pushy vendors (annoying), and not especially clean (icky). Do these resorts/hotels have private beaches where the vendors don't swoop down on you, or do you go primarily for pool time?

I don't really know the answer but have stayed at other resorts in the caribbean and typically they keep beach vendors away from their property.

If you walk out to the main road and get on their bus #10, it will take you to a bunch of hotels..like the Sheraton. NO VENDORS...beautiful beach. I think we paid $20

Sheraton is 25.00 pp--you get a towel, place to change and go to the bathroom--great beach no vendors and several pools and non-motorized water toys. It's a great place for very little money. Poster before was right you get on the #10 jitney-- need exact change 1.25 pp each way and it drops you off right in front of the sheraton. I feel like you Nassau is not my favorite port and sometimes I do stay on the ship, but when I want to get off Sheraton is where we go.

Archived