Moving beds yourself

alymb03

Hello,

My boyfriend and I decided to try out the 1A room on our next cruise, Carnival Destiny, Room #2101. I was excited at the small porthole for the cheap price but saw that it was an upper/lower room. Oh well, we sleep in the same bed every night, we'll deal for a few nights.

However, upon doing some investigation, I see that this room ACTUALLY has a twin bed and a convertible sofa twin bed. Looking at pics, they seem to be the same height.

Is it possible to drag the twin bed over next to the sofa bed? I know we'll have to deal with the crack because it won't be set up properly. I just don't know if the beds are bolted down so that only staff can move them upon request. Any input?

If not, oh well, back to being okay with sleeping separate for a few nights lol

Hello,

My boyfriend and I decided to try out the 1A room on our next cruise, Carnival Destiny, Room #2101. I was excited at the small porthole for the cheap price but saw that it was an upper/lower room. Oh well, we sleep in the same bed every night, we'll deal for a few nights.

However, upon doing some investigation, I see that this room ACTUALLY has a twin bed and a convertible sofa twin bed. Looking at pics, they seem to be the same height.

Is it possible to drag the twin bed over next to the sofa bed? I know we'll have to deal with the crack because it won't be set up properly. I just don't know if the beds are bolted down so that only staff can move them upon request. Any input?

Unless you are married and can prove it, they won't let you

push the beds together.

push the beds together.

Really? We've always had our beds automatically put together. I figured they saw a male and a female in the room together and made a guess lol I guess we just got lucky.

So the beds can be pushed then?? That is my actual question. I didn't think they would put the sofa and bed together since they're not designed to be set up like the two twin bed cabins are.

Really? We've always had our beds automatically put together. I figured they saw a male and a female in the room together and made a guess lol I guess we just got lucky.

So the beds can be pushed then?? That is my actual question. I didn't think they would put the sofa and bed together since they're not designed to be set up like the two twin bed cabins are.

Was just joking :) - really not sure if they would move the

sofa and bed together. But the bunk beds sound fun!

I think just about anything is possible...if you do this take pics and post them here! Will be interested to see how it turns out! :)

If I figure it out, I will definitely post my triumph with pics lol my super cheap king size bed 1A cabin with portholes

I don't think they will push the bed over to the sofa....just my opinion

My last cruise I asked that the beds be separated because I wanted more room to walk around in the cabin....but we also had 3 of us in the cabin so we needed all the room we could get.

Made me think of the old "I Love Lucy" episodes with Ricky and Lucy in twin beds -- and Rob and Laura Petrie too for that matter!

I think Mike and Carol Brady were the first TV couple to share a bed :D

Ricky and Lucy had little Ricky. Rob and Laura had Ritchie. Mike and Carol had no kids together. Maybe there is something to separate beds after all.

Hey OP, be careful about that bed arrangement!!! ;)

I think the bed's higher.

I don't think you can move the sofa, and if you move the bed over there, it will be right in the middle of the floor. Not sure if there's room.

This is 2217 on Glory...

2827345990102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

2419448570102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

Hmmmm, you're right, the angles on your pic does make the bed seem higher than I thought.

I guess I will just have to wait until I get there and see everything in person. And be ready to Rick and Lucy it up for the whole trip!

push the beds together.

Thought you were serious here, glad I read on before saying what I was going to say!! (Note to self, don't be so gullible!)

Hmmmm, you're right, the angles on your pic does make the bed seem higher than I thought.

I guess I will just have to wait until I get there and see everything in person. And be ready to Rick and Lucy it up for the whole trip!

McGyver: Take mattress off of the bed, then cushions off of the sofa, put the pieces together and assemble bed on the floor! :D lmao!

Made me think of the old "I Love Lucy" episodes with Ricky and Lucy in twin beds -- and Rob and Laura Petrie too for that matter!

I think Mike and Carol Brady were the first TV couple to share a bed :D

Actually (and I only know this because of a Trivia game on a ship) the first couple in bed together on TV was FRED AND WILMA FLINTSTONE!

WHOOPS--- I just "googled" Carnival's answer and they are wrong!! Here is what I got.

bedSmall.jpg

Hello,

Some ships have cabins where the twins can't be moved together even if they tried . Some cabins on HAL have twins that can't be made into a queen.

Thanks for my laugh of the day. Some are so nasty on here it was refreshing to see something really funny. We have moved the beds in our room, btw. The motion was making me ill at night so changed the directions of the beds. Stewart left it and made no comments.

lol. Actually, talk to your room steward. He's there for your needs.

Correct. He/she will just need to see a copy of your marriage license before fulfilling this request; but most are lenient enough to accept both of your ID's, as long as they show the same last name. This is a new policy, to become more family-friendly, after receiving complaints about non-married or non-related couples sharing rooms. Carnival is hoping that the new policy will attract families and charter groups who were previously put off by this sharing of rooms in the past.

As an alternative, the OP and her boyfriend can just sleep on the twin bed or the sofa together and snuggle all night.:D Provided that they can fit without having to hold on to the edge to keep from falling off. (And remember: the first paragraph was a joke.:))

Archived