Roll Call Slot Pull.....any winners ???

bluehenfan

Our roll call for the 9/16 Pride cruise has been very active. Among other activities planned is a slot pull. From what I understand, a set amount per person is decided on, each member of the group take their turn, betting maximum bet on $1.00 slot machine. It sounds like fun and I was just wondering if anyone has actually won money in the end. Looking forward to trying my luck at it.

Our Roll Call from Norwegian Pearl did this. It was a blast. We all hooted and hollered as each took their turn. After the first designated pull time, we were all ahead around $20. Then some of us did a second round and broke even.

BUT, it was about 2 hours of excitement and fun. I considered it an entertainment expense.:p

Our Roll Call from Norwegian Pearl did this. It was a blast. We all hooted and hollered as each took their turn. After the first designated pull time, we were all ahead around $20. Then some of us did a second round and broke even.

BUT, it was about 2 hours of excitement and fun. I considered it an entertainment expense.:p

OK, I'm a visual learner. Tell me exactly how this works. So if it's a $1 machine and $3 is the max, is the machine reset every time? Do you get one pull and take out whatever you hit? So sorry but I need exact steps. It sounds FUN!!!:D

I did this on a HAL cruise. We eah put $10 into the machine when our turn came, took 3 spins, maybe another if we hit credits. After about 25 of us be reaped back our $10 plus $4 more. But we had a blast rooting for jackpots for each other's turn. m--

We did one on the Magic last Feb. everyone put in $21

we all got the chance to spin (push the button) 7 times

and it was noted how much was "won" in those spins

after everyone had their turn,

The person with the highest amount of winnings during their spins, won $100, and the rest of the pot was divided equally with those who put in their $21

Now that only works if you have winnings to split :D

I believe we had about 22 players, and I think we all got our money back, and the high spinner got $100.

But most of all we got to play as a fun group for about an hour

making a noise that I am sure bothered some, but we had fun anyway.

The leaders for our group, bought some silly $ necklaces from the dollar tree, so when you paid in your $21 you got that, and they also got Clappers, so ya, we were making all kinds of noise...

what did the leaders get for their efforts, I guess points on her card.

But she doesn't gamble, so I guess she got nothing but the fun of watching us have fun.

Oh and out of pocket a few dollars for the trinkets.

It is fun if it is run correctly...

I haven't run one, but those who have done it for any group I have been a part of

have always done a great job.

Very Organized :)

On our previous Roll Call we had a slot tournament. There were about 20 of us and we all put $20.00 in the pot for a total of $400. We then set up the machine for five $1.00 bets for each pull. That means we would have 80 total pulls or 4 pulls per person.

The rule was that we would split the winnings (if any) when it ended. At the end of 80 pulls, if the winnings were over $600 we would split it. Otherwise, we would continuing betting. Remember $400 was what was put in and the extra $200 would be profit.

That did not happen. We had about about $100 left after the $400 was gone so we continued and lost it all. Funny ................... That wasn't suppose to happen. So our dreams of paying for the next cruise ended with some laughs. It was considerable fun and you should have heard the cheers and moans and groans.

It's a way of playing with the "Big Boys" and if you are conservative bettor like me were $20.00 is big money, you will get a kick out of this.

Just a reminder.......Carnival has changed the slot machines to prevent someone accidentally leaving their card in a machine and someone else playing out the credits......so now when you remove your card the machine automatically uploads any credits.......

Years ago, we would load all the money into the machine then as each person took their turn it was their S&S card that was accumulating the points during their play.....now we just agree that whoever organizes the slot pull gets to keep their card in the machine the whole time........

Oh, and btw......make sure everyone has their drivers licenses with them......if you win much of a jackpot on a single spin you will need it before they will release the money to you........

Archived