Help me overcome my fear of flying

celebrity

For me, drinking alcohol before or during flights makes things worse. I get dehydrated, cranky, and end up with a hangover by the time the plane lands. Not a way I want to begin my cruise vacation. And I'd sure never take Ativan or another anxiety med and drink too. I don't want to "pass out"...I just want to be calm and enjoy the ride.☺️

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My husband is a clinical hypnotherapist and has very successfully helped people manage their flying anxiety. You could also try a guided meditation with a pair of headphones while you fly. Works wonders for calming me! I highly recommend trying it if you haven't before.

I had a terrible fear of flying and my daughter won to trip from United States to Tasmania. I was worried I would get over there and not come back. I want to see a guided therapy hypnotist 5 times before our 17 flights. He gave me a cassette tape to listen to on the flights. Over the the years I've converted it to CD and now MP3 files. They are two 25 minute recordings. If you'd like it, email me jeraldcross@comcast.net and we'll make arrangements to get you a copy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hope this helps you out. Enjoy your cruise on the Equinox. She is an awesome ship. We did the same cruise in 2013 for 13 days and it was great. The link below has a section for the fear of flying that is really good.

http://www.airsafenews.com/

Regards

Ed

Ed, did you notice the Op's question was for an Equinox cruise in Sept 2013? Unfortunately when people resurrect old threads we comment well after the fact.;):p

[quote name='Oville']Ed, did you notice the Op's question was for an Equinox cruise in Sept 2013? Unfortunately when people resurrect old threads we comment well after the fact.;):p[/QUOTE]

See post #63. New poster looking for advice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app