Procrastinator!!! Packing now

floridacruzin

I seem to always procrastinate when it come to packing (and a few other things :o) but my cruise is in 9 days and I hope to at least get the luggage out and started TODAY.

Hey, Get OFF CC and pack those bags, their not gonna pack themselves! Oh, and have a great time:D

I do the same thing. We usually sail local, so I always pack the morning of my cruise.

DW? She starts the weekend before. Packs all week long.

My methods drive her nuts. And she's very vocal about it.

But I always get the last laugh as she always forgets something important. Last CCL cruise, it was her underwear.

She'll learn some day.

I do the same thing. We usually sail local, so I always pack the morning of my cruise.

DW? She starts the weekend before. Packs all week long.

My methods drive her nuts. And she's very vocal about it.

But I always get the last laugh as she always forgets something important. Last CCL cruise, it was her underwear.

She'll learn some day.

Like;););) that's funny!!!

I am packing for 4 lol. DH does not pack for himself! I need to rethink that. I have to leave the house in 3.5 hours...I am starting to freak out a little :D Would love to say that I will NEVER wait until the last minute again, but that will not happen.....

I will start packing as soon as it is cool enough to wear jeans almost every day.

Last year for our honeymoon DH would not let me start packing the week before the cruise and the week of was the wedding week and I had a ton to do. SO..on our wedding night..we came home and packed. I had my stuff packed just needed his. Yeah..how romantic.

I pack within hours of when we plan to leave.

Typically I work the day before the cruise, come home and eat dinner. Then it's time to pack, make sure everyone else is ready, and take a nap. I get up around 11PM - 1AM (depending on the port we're using), load the family and bags into the vehicle and we set off on our journey.

We stop for breakfast in Southern GA / Northern FL, and we finish the drive to the port where we typically still arrive too early.

I pack the night before. I am not a clothes horse. I bring most of what I have (or at least my favorites), . Finish all the laundry, then go drawer by drawer and take what I want. Havent forgot anything yet. If I was to pack early then I would forget what I put in there and would have to take it all out again anyway to make sure I didnt forget something.

I can't imagine that. I'm the opposite.

I started packing as I buy things. I'm a nut. I want new undies and socks when I cruise, so I purchased and packed them awhile ago. I packed my snorkel gear, my new bathing suits, found capris and shorts on sale for $15!! Bought a bunch of them and packed them up for the cruise. Sunscreen!

I enjoy packing. It gets my excitement going. I will probably unpack and repack the night before.

My cruise buddy will probably wait to the night before. And I'll probably drive him crazy the week before with "did you pack??? Why aren't you packed yet? Seriously you need to pack now!"

My cruise is 78 days out :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pack the night before. I am not a clothes horse. I bring most of what I have (or at least my favorites), . Finish all the laundry, then go drawer by drawer and take what I want. Havent forgot anything yet. If I was to pack early then I would forget what I put in there and would have to take it all out again anyway to make sure I didnt forget something.

You sound like me. I packed my bags for a trip I took to Paris this summer 2 weeks before I left. Day I left, I was taking everything out and repacking.

I have tried packing early but I find I pack too much when I do that. I also find I have forgotten things that I intended to pack and thought I had.

Now, nothing goes into the suitcase until the night before. We lay it all on the bed in the guest bedroom the week before and add things as we think of them. Then we take inventory and make adjustments on the night before we go. You would be surprised how many things we don't need and how many things we would have forgotten had we not taken that last minuete inventory. (cork screw or ties comes to mind)

I have tried packing early but I find I pack too much when I do that. I also find I have forgotten things that I intended to pack and thought I had.

Now, nothing goes into the suitcase until the night before. We lay it all on the bed in the guest bedroom the week before and add things as we think of them. Then we take inventory and make adjustments on the night before we go. You would be surprised how many things we don't need and how many things we would have forgotten had we not taken that last minuete inventory. (cork screw or ties comes to mind)

This is how I do it, too, but I start about two months before, not the week before. My cruise is 7 weeks from now and this past week, I put luggage tags on bags, printed cruise docs, packed my carryon and made lists of what needs added at the last minute. Also, I've laid out a week's worth of day and evening outfits. I've already started editing out what isn't making the cut. And, I've added some things in. I'll continue editing and adding for weeks leading up to the cruise. About a week ahead, I'll actually pack all into the suitcase. DH would pack the morning we leave, but I can't deal with that. I'll start working on his things in about a week or two.

P.S. Corkscrew was taken out this week, too. LOL!

Archived