Pearl Balcony question - bed configuration

rigs32

Just booked a girls trip on the Peal in a balcony cabin. I'm usually a master at searching for what I need, but my skills seem to be lacking this time.

Does anyone have photos of a Pearl (or similar) balcony with the beds set up apart? I can only find photos with the beds together. If it makes a difference, we are in a quad occupancy cabin, but there are only two of us.

Wondering if we should split the beds and have the couch for a sitting area or put them together and have one person on the beds and the other on the couch. Worried the couch may not be that comfortable, however.

If it makes a difference, we will likely be in the room just to sleep and get ready. Any "hanging out" time in the cabin will be on the balcony, so don't really need a sitting area. Thanks!

The beds only have about a foot of space between them when they are separated. However, I traveled as a party of three in a balcony room on the Star and had the sofabed - it was far and away the most uncomfortable bed I've ever had the misfortune to sleep on. Seriously, I'm not picky about my mattress, but this was awful! The top 2/3 was hard as a rock, and the bottom 1/3 was overly squishy. Additionally it blocks the walkway to the balcony when it's open, so if one of the regular bed people wants to use the balcony before the sofabed person is up (this was the case in my stateroom), they have to crawl over the feet of person on the sofabed. I would never voluntarily use the sofabed again if I had fewer than three people in the room. JMHO

Archived