What to do in Fort Lauderdale while waiting for flight home?

tiggerfan1965

Check the prices for changing your flight to something earlier, compared to the cost of an excursion or day-room at a hotel. The hotel would be my choice....you'll be off the ship before 10am in most cases...that's A LOT of time to kill! Having a room, with a pool, restaurants, shower and bathroom would sure make the waiting time nicer. But, if I could get an earlier flight for about the same price, that's what I'd do!

No way I'd want to go to a beach without some way to clean up before a flight!!!

Hi all...any help is appreciated!

There are 2-3 of our group that don't want to do the everglades excursion and will have time to kill before our 5pm flight. What to do while waiting that could handle our luggage?

Thanks!

Sue

Pulling my hair out too. We don't fly out till 9:30 PM. Still doing research. From my experience (we debark on Sunday) they don't roll out the sidewalks till noon.

We've done the everglades stuff before and there are not many time killing tours or options. We're sailing Carnival and they don't post any after cruise tours. The options are very limited. May just have to rent a car and chug down to Miami for the day. Really don't want to go thru that tho.

Will keep researching. Maybe between us we can find a solution. Keep me posted and I will do the same. Good luck. Harry :cool:

We do NOT recommend the post cruise ship excursion to a shopping mall. We sat on the bus for about 45 min while it drove from ship to ship picking up people. Then, it dropped us off at 10:00 a.m. at a mall where the shops didn't open until 11 a.m. We had to be back on the bus at 1:00 p.m. We got to the airport at about 1:30 p.m. and still had to spend hours waiting for our flight. Big rip-off.

There is nothing to do at the airport - it's a wasteland, and you can't even check your luggage until three hours before the flight.

I agree with several others here. Rent a small car. The Hollywood Beach is near both the cruise terminal and the airport. It has a great boardwalk with little stores and cafes, and a long, long beach. I'd head there.

We took a taxi into Fort Lauderdale, bought a ticket on the Water Taxi and had a nice tour of the Intercoastal Waterway. It was a nice sunny day. We got off at Los Olas and had lunch. Continued on the water taxi back to where we started. Grabbed a cab to the airport. Made for a nice, leisurely day!

We used the Luggage Direct option so luggage was not an issue. Our luggage went straight to the airport. We never saw it from the time it was picked up outside our door on the ship until we arrived at our home airport. Highly recommend this service ... well worth the cost.

We loved doing the water taxi and seeing all the beautiful homes and boats. There are restaurants and shops on the water taxi route too, so you can just get back on when you are ready to leave and the price was very reasonable.

Hi all...any help is appreciated!

There are 2-3 of our group that don't want to do the everglades excursion and will have time to kill before our 5pm flight. What to do while waiting that could handle our luggage?

Thanks!

Sue

How about the South Beach Excursion? I did that on my last cruise & we had a great time!

We stayed at the B Ocean the night before our sailing....our flight back after wasnt until 630. I asked if they had a "day room", they said just "come back here after you sailing, well store your luggage, and enjoy our pool, bar and all facilities and thanks for staying"! And we did....we've gone back there EVERY sailing out of the Port or Miami

Archived