Collectors Cruise ?

Hello, we are cruising on the Ryndam 6th jan for 14 days and staying on for another 7 day cruise, in the UK we call them back to back, but I have read on the HAL site that they are called Collector cruises.

What is a Collectors Cruise?

Cheers.......

Hello, we are cruising on the Ryndam 6th jan for 14 days and staying on for another 7 day cruise, in the UK we call them back to back, but I have read on the HAL site that they are called Collector cruises.

What is a Collectors Cruise?

Cheers.......

A Collectors Cruise is two cruises put together -- one booking number and a slight reduction in the cost from booking the two separately.

HAL used to call them B2B's and just changed the name.

There are still back to back cruises but once in a while Hal will designated a back to back as a collector cruise. You might get a special cocktail party or luncheon maybe both and a nicer canvas bag to celebrate the fact your on a collector cruise. Passengers that are only on one segment or the other do not partisipate, only those who are doing the back to back.

Several times we have booked b-to-b and after making our deposits, HAL converted it to a Collector's. Because we had put down a FCD for each person, each segment, half of them were credited back to our Accounts. A b-to-b requires one deposit per person, per cruise.... A collector's only requires one deposit per person.

dinner in a specialty restaurant, lower price than 2 cruises, larger stock OBCs and 2 cocktail parties as we are medallion members and of course, the same cabin for both legs.

We, too, have done a number of Collectors Cruises on various ships and even on the same ship, the benefits vary quite widely. On Nieuw Amsterdam, we had free dinner in Tamarind, cocktail party, the Collector's tote bag and I think a few other treats.

On one Maasdam Collector's, there was nothing extra but other Maasdam Collector's there was a special lunch though we didn't attend and maybe a cocktail party.

On Eurodam, I don't remember......... :o

Archived