Dream info from past guest???

Kay78

We are sailing on the dream in October and I am new to cruise critic. Can anyone tell me about the inside staterooms, or have pics? Had anyone tried to use rumrunners on the Dream? If so, how did it turn out?

We are sailing on the dream in October and I am new to cruise critic. Can anyone tell me about the inside staterooms, or have pics? Had anyone tried to use rumrunners on the Dream? If so, how did it turn out?

Hey Kay......we are on the same cruise as you!! We have a great group on our Roll Call, so come on over and join!!

Sorry I don't have any pix, but if you will do a search on this thread I'm sure you will find some. We haven't tried the rum runners, but are going to try them this time so if it doesn't work you and I will both be in the naughty room......LOL

Happy Sailing!!!!

Hey Kay, we too are on the same cruise and she has posted a message on our roll call GTO girl. It's getting close and should be a lot of fun! We have had an inside cabin a couple times on the Fantasy and I would guess they are similar on the Dream.(maybe newer and nicer though) Make sure you have an alarm clock of some kind or wake up call, because it is so dark in there when you wake up, you will have no idea what time it is. lol

I was on Dream last October. I didn't take pictures of our stateroom but it was just a typical interior room. We always take Rum Runners and have not had any issue. I stopped taking the largest size because I read that some people had those confiscated. I take the next size down and always double bag in Ziploc bags and place between folded clothes. Don't line them up around the edge of your suitcase. Also, I don't pack mine in the same bag as full-size toiletries. I'm always paranoid that they will open the bag to ascertain what is in the toiletry bottles and find my rum runners. Also, I wouldn't pack them in the same bag as power bar, extension cord, iron, or other possible no-no items--actually I never take an iron on vacation, I'm too lazy to use one at home definitely not going to use on the ship! :D

I do. I have never posted pictures before, but will give it a try. Friend and I had twins set up. Sister and her daughter had queen set up.

Sorry. I have tried twice and can't get it to paste.

the Carnival website has pictures of each cabin category for each ship, and they look pretty much alike on any particular ship. They also have a floor plan.

I thought I had read that the port was stricter than many. I tried to get an extra small bottle of wine onboard and it was taken to be returned the final night or last morning, don't remember.

We had a Dream interior the first time, but I can't find any pics. But I do have pics here of another ship's interior. Your decor will be very different from this, but the setup is exactly the same. The rooms are much smaller than advertised. I measured them to be 150 sq.ft. They claim 185, because it sounds better to have a higher number, and almost nobody questions it. It still works fine for 2 people. We even had 3 on the Dream, and it wasn't a problem.

017.jpg

018.jpg

Thanks for all the info guys! I really appreciate it!!! Has anyone ever used the off site parking near port canaveral such as park n cruise or the raddison?

We used Park 'n Cruise last year and had great results. They use an old airport hanger on their property. When we came back in to port, it was the start of a tropical storm and it was raining sideways. We were able to bring our vehicle into the airport hanger and load up our luggage. Loved it!!

We also saw the area at night time since we arrived really late the night before the cruise. Well lit at night time!!

We're using them again in a couple of weeks. :)

Try cruiselinerooms dot com. You can go then go to the Carnival Dream and look at pictures of various cabins. The ones with pictures are marked with a camera. This has been really helpful to us since we were considering L-shaped balcony cabins and aft cabins, too. ;)

Great balconies on the L-shaped cabins! No sofa though.

Archived