No answer from Carnival re: Early Saver Form

SherriC

Hi there. Has anyone else had trouble with getting a response from a submitted Early Saver Form? I have been submitting since 8/22 for a Feb 2013 cruise and have gotten no response. I get the "Email has been successfully sent" message once I hit the submit button....but no denials or anything from Carnival. I have called their tech people, their 800 no. cruise consultants...they all show no correspondence with me. The rate has now dropped where I would have a $120 credit for a solo traveler....is that the problem? that I am solo? The reps on the phone say I should get the credit, but they have no authority to give it to me....must use the form. I am able to book as a solo for the much lower rate....anyway they all tell me to give it a few days and call back. I have submitted on 3 different computers: still no response....afraid the rate or cabin I can use as my example will go away. Any help will be appreciated. I don't post very often, but know someone out there can help. Many thanks! SherriC

It took about 2 weeks for them to get back to me. I also called my PVP and she was very helpful. If you used a PVP, try reaching out to them. Not sure if solo or couple has anything to do with it or not. Would be interesting to see what they say

Good Luck

Hi there. Has anyone else had trouble with getting a response from a submitted Early Saver Form? I have been submitting since 8/22 for a Feb 2013 cruise and have gotten no response. I get the "Email has been successfully sent" message once I hit the submit button....but no denials or anything from Carnival. I have called their tech people, their 800 no. cruise consultants...they all show no correspondence with me. The rate has now dropped where I would have a $120 credit for a solo traveler....is that the problem? that I am solo? The reps on the phone say I should get the credit, but they have no authority to give it to me....must use the form. I am able to book as a solo for the much lower rate....anyway they all tell me to give it a few days and call back. I have submitted on 3 different computers: still no response....afraid the rate or cabin I can use as my example will go away. Any help will be appreciated. I don't post very often, but know someone out there can help. Many thanks! SherriC

Did Carnival send you their email that says "Thank you for getting in touch with us" ? They send this to acknowledge your request. If not, make sure you have the right email address on your account and double check your inputs. It was working fine yesterday because I sent my request in and got the acknowledgement email back. Hope you find out what went wrong, good luck

I put in for two price drops. Even though they were denied, I never got an email saying so. Then, a price drop happened that we DID qualify for and we never got an email but the price drop was reflected on our docs.

We also got the initial email saying that they are reviewing our request but no further communication from them saying "yay" or "nay":cool:

Early saver is not consistant. I will say that I ALWAYS get the confirmation that they received the request. Sometimes they tell me I'm approved and send a new confirmation, sometimes not. I've had a few that I saw the credit applied with no notification it had been approved.

I ALWAYS keep a screen print of the offer as backup, but I've never had to use it.

I've tried three times in the past week, getting the same message that the form was successfully submitted, and I have still not heard anything from them either. And the change has not been made to my account as of this afternoon.

You aren't anywhere near final payment, so I'm not understanding why you just don't have them adjust your price, whether you are Early Saver or not. Am I missing something? I haven't sailed Carnival yet but that is what I have been reading. Most cruise lines will adjust payment for you if the price drops prior to final payment. Is it because it is technically a cancellation and rebooking and you would lose $50?

Forgot to say, price on my Breeze cruise dropped $60 (I am also traveling solo) and all I did was call them up and someone adjusted it for me over the phone and sent me a new confirmation. I never even submitted a form because I was still outside the 5 month Early Saver window.

Thank you all for answering....I think it is all a mystery to me. I did turn in a Future Cruise Voucher on 8/22 and got the email that they recd. it. I sent my first early saver form then....and just a price reduction would be fine....but heard nothing. I called the tech. guys and they said they don't send out the emails any more that they recd my request for early saver....just the blurb "your email has been sent".....

I check my cruise balance daily ...and nothing happening....I have been a big fan of early saver...even if denied, they always got back to me within 2 days....but this has dragged on. The cruise reps tell me to keep resubmitting...just don't know if Early Saver Dept is ignoring me :) ....I will call again.....thanks for all your responses.....

Submitted 8/23 and nothing but we got it email. Turned over to my PVP today and he's on the case.

But my stock credit took less then 24 hours! Sure they will screw that up when they apply my ES credit......both 100.... Any bets?

On one of my cruises I'm also solo and Early saver. I submitted an ES on 8/23/12 and had a response and upgrade to a porthole room on 8/28/12. Had another early saver request sent on 7/5/12 with a response and approval on 7/7/12. That's weird you haven't got anything. Perhaps email them directly?

earlysaver@carnival.com

Be sure to include all the below information in the email. (Below is the format of how return emails are with of course all required information.

FNAME :

LNAME :

PHONE :

GUEST_EMAIL :

BOOKING_NUM :

SHIP : Carnival

SAILING_DATE :

NamePromotion :

NumberofGuest :

LOWER_FARE :

LFARE_LOCATION :

Upgrade: no/yes

COMMENTS :

You aren't anywhere near final payment, so I'm not understanding why you just don't have them adjust your price, whether you are Early Saver or not. Am I missing something? I haven't sailed Carnival yet but that is what I have been reading. Most cruise lines will adjust payment for you if the price drops prior to final payment. Is it because it is technically a cancellation and rebooking and you would lose $50?

Forgot to say, price on my Breeze cruise dropped $60 (I am also traveling solo) and all I did was call them up and someone adjusted it for me over the phone and sent me a new confirmation. I never even submitted a form because I was still outside the 5 month Early Saver window.

If final payment hasn't been done they will adjust your price and let you know accordingly. You will only get an obc if your paid in full.

If final payment hasn't been done they will adjust your price and let you know accordingly.

That's what I thought. I guess that's why I was curious why one would bother to do an Early Saver form if you were still six months out and not yet in the ES window. Not necessary, right? It seems like OP could have just called and had CCL revise the price regardless of whether they were Early Saver or not. Depending on cruise date in February, might still be able to instead of waiting for a response and hoping the price doesn't go back up.

That's what I thought. I guess that's why I was curious why one would bother to do an Early Saver form if you were still six months out and not yet in the ES window. Not necessary, right? It seems like OP could have just called and had CCL revise the price regardless of whether they were Early Saver or not. Depending on cruise date in February, might still be able to instead of waiting for a response and hoping the price doesn't go back up.

You still fill out an early saver form, even if you have not made final payment. They just adjust the price to the new price. Takes the place of the obc. If you don't fill out the form, your price won't get adjusted. The way early saver is set up, calling isn't the route to go for the price to be re-adjusted prior to final payment. Filling out the form is the normal route of process.

Archived