Independence of the Seas question

I was told today that you cannot book a Captain's table, nor can you purchase a liquor package (besides wine) onboard the IOS. Can anyone please tell me about these things? Thank you in advance.

You were told correctly. The Captain's table is by invitation, and the method of selection is a mystery. The only alcoholic beverage package available is wine, unless you are sailing out of Europe where they still might offer an alcoholic drink package.

You were told correctly. The Captain's table is by invitation, and the method of selection is a mystery. The only alcoholic beverage package available is wine, unless you are sailing out of Europe where they still might offer an alcoholic drink package.

Thank you for your quick response. Why is it that you can get the alcohol package on other ships and not on this one?

Thank you for your quick response. Why is it that you can get the alcohol package on other ships and not on this one?

From what I understand, the alcoholic drink package is being tested on 3 or 4 ships overseas. So that's a small number of ships out of the 22 ships that Royal has in their fleet. I've not heard if they are inclined to expand the number of ships with this package or not.

Someone posted this regarding the package:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=235797&d=1338913786

Note that this is old info, and prices may be different. I also know that all eligible guests in a stateroom must purchase the package.

From what I understand, the alcoholic drink package is being tested on 3 or 4 ships overseas. So that's a small number of ships out of the 22 ships that Royal has in their fleet. I've not heard if they are inclined to expand the number of ships with this package or not.

Someone posted this regarding the package:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=235797&d=1338913786

Note that this is old info, and prices may be different. I also know that all eligible guests in a stateroom must purchase the package.

Just got back off the IOS, where I found out that some people on the $55/day premium package had their card closed when they had spent the 55 - so it is not unlimited as they say :mad:

Just got back off the IOS, where I found out that some people on the $55/day premium package had their card closed when they had spent the 55 - so it is not unlimited as they say :mad:

Interesting, I've never heard this before. I wonder if there's more to the story.

Interesting, I've never heard this before. I wonder if there's more to the story.

Fantasy pure Fantasy

We took this package and decided to see what would happen if we had a heavy session NO ISSUES AT ALL was the answer

You could only have one drink at a time but that was the only limit

Archived