Early Saver - Persistance Pays Off

bob7judy

We were booked in a 1A for $379 each. There was a senior rate of $389 for a guarantee inside so I sent in the form to be upgraded. The first time it was denied so I replied to the email and said I thought that would be an upgrade and would be allowed. I then received a note that said that I could upgrade but would have to call. So I called and was at first told I couldn't do it but after I read the email I had received from Early Saver, she was able to make the change. So we are now waiting for our cabin assignment. I know we can get a bad location but since we were the second cabin from the front there are probably not many worse cabins and we might get lucky like we did last time and get a cabin on the Verandah.

Im not sure which ship you are on.. but for me, I would prefer most of the 1As to a regular inside.. depends on which 1A you had though.. I have a 1A porthole on Magic that I would not trade for $50 to get a regular inside.

Three of the 1As on conquest class are larger than regular insides and still have twins that push together.

I love 1As on conquest class especially.

I hope you get a sweet upgraded inside assigned. Good luck.

As long as you are pleased with it then its a good deal. I have never had a true inside. We had an inside on Valor once, but it was a 4J,with a window. This cruise on the conquest we are doing a true inside and I will probably not upgrade unless its to a balcony. We were able to get a cabin on Lido, which is something I have always wanted to do.

For a couple I can understand wanting two beds that push together.

For $10, it was worth it then. I got upgraded the last two times to Lido with my inside gtys.. hope you do too.

Thanks, Firefly. We were on one of those cruises with you and got the Panorama? deck for our guarantee. Keeping fingers crossed.

I sent in an ES form 4 days ago.. got the confirmation email thing.. standard response thingy...but nothing since.. How long should I wait? Should I keep sending them in everyday until I get a response..?

I sent mine last Wednesday and got a denial on Monday. Responded to that email Monday and got a response on Tuesday.

I sent in an ES form 4 days ago.. got the confirmation email thing.. standard response thingy...but nothing since.. How long should I wait? Should I keep sending them in everyday until I get a response..?

I sent the form in on Saturday for a price drop & received their auto response.

I don't think anybody from that department works on the weekend so I'm still waiting for the price drop.

I'm not going to worry yet as I'm sure they have a backlog from the weekend.

I've submitted two early saver forms over the past few weeks and I find they are taking a bit longer than normal to approve them. I always get the acknowledgement email right back after I submit but the actual approval has been taking approx. 5 days. :D I can remember not long ago that it was only taking two days or so to get the new price approved.

I know this may sound loopy but I am so glad I'm not in ES land anymore. I booked 12/2011 for a 11/2012 cruise. I was always concerned about if I was getting the best deal. Eventually the interior cabin I wanted...well, I no longer wanted it. I changed to a military rate and got a french door obstructed cabin, and had to pay a bit extra for it. I don't even care that if I had chosen the 4K at the first I would have paid less for it. Doesn't matter. Now I have natural light and a door I can open (maybe not so much in November!).

What did I learn? I was happy with my price when I originally booked, would still have been happy with it even if I got no ES price drops (I hadn't so far and never really expected to) and that's all that should matter to me. If I have the cabin I want, and for the price that I was happy enough to agree to, fair enough. I think I was really distressing about what was my cabin neighbor paying for the same cabin. Silly!

Archived