Dress code

wee Ruby

We are on Riveria in nov,my question to the seasoned Oceania cruisers is what exactly is " country club casual" pls. I don't want to pack all the wrong type of clothes ie suits for hubby if he doesn't require them & formal wear for myself. As we are flying & weight obviously a consideration as I can't minimal pack. Any advice would be welcome. Really looking forward to the cruise & hope the weather will be kind to us :)

We are on Riveria in nov,my question to the seasoned Oceania cruisers is what exactly is " country club casual" pls. I don't want to pack all the wrong type of clothes ie suits for hubby if he doesn't require them & formal wear for myself. As we are flying & weight obviously a consideration as I can't minimal pack. Any advice would be welcome. Really looking forward to the cruise & hope the weather will be kind to us :)

Although some of our lady members are prone to pushin....er.....suggesting a particular shop to achieve the Oceania "look"; the easiest thing to do is to observe how the people in the brochures are dressed. It is VERY CLOSE

145846.jpg150024.jpg150127.jpg

We are not all as attractive as those models.......but our clothes are ;)

Formal wear is not needed. A suit is not needed. A tie is not needed. My husband brought a blazer and wore it a couple of times in the specialty restaurants. If yours wants to wear a suit, he can. If he doesn't, he doesn't have to! That's one of the many reasons I like Oceania.

We do tend to change for dinner after a busy day though. A shower and a change of clothes makes me feel ready for a lovely dinner! See this Cruise Critic page on dress codes - http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=545

Let us just say if you scrub up nicely you will be fine

No suits or formal wear required, nice slacks, collared shirts for men.... nice slacks, dress pants, skirts & nice tops or dresses for ladies during the evening.

Daytime wear shorts, slacks, capris for ladies, jeans if you want t-shirts etc...

Just do not wear shorts or jeans in the GDR or specialty restaurants for dinner & you will be fine ;)

Lyn

I'm late to the game but I'll chime in anyway.

We left Regatta on September 2nd. One of our earlier dinners in the GDR (on a "we'll share" basis) was with a lovely couple who asked just what the dress code was. He was dressed in a suit and tie. Oh, yes, he had slacks on as well.

When we told him that he didn't need a suit OR a tie he was a bit unhappy. if he'd only known that before he packed ...

The next evening we saw him in Polo and he was without the suit jacket or the tie ...

Mura

We are cruising over Christmas and New Years on Marina. Is it likely that some people will get more dressed up than usual? I told my husband not to bother with his suit (he only takes it out for weddings and funerals anyway!) but to bring his blazer. I was thinking that something that is dressier than I usually wear might be in order. What do you think? Anyone cruised on Oceania during the holidays? Thanks!

We are cruising over Christmas and New Years on Marina. Is it likely that some people will get more dressed up than usual? I told my husband not to bother with his suit (he only takes it out for weddings and funerals anyway!) but to bring his blazer. I was thinking that something that is dressier than I usually wear might be in order. What do you think? Anyone cruised on Oceania during the holidays? Thanks!

Yes some get a little dressier, especially the ladies. I also noticed a few more jackets on the men but still less than 50%. I take a blazer with me and use it two/three times in a cruise just for a change.

The wonderful thing about Oceania is that if YOU want to get a little dressier, then go for it! What dress code that exists is a minimum; no one will look askance at you if you want to doll it up a little. Although, the founder and Chairman, Frank Del Rio, is supposed to have once said, "If I see someone in a tux, I'll think they're a waiter."

Archived