My Awesome Bar Package- Tried it, LOVED it!

Sunmist

Thanks Sunmist for telling us about it - we are definitely interested. We are beer drinkers and usually buy a bucket of beer. Not so much for the savings; but for the convenience of having another beer when ready. Did you see, or did your drink beers and what was the "rule" on buckets? Can you order 4 at a time, or do you have to wait to be served each beer? Thanks again!

I believe one of the other threads states the whole program and that buckets are 25% off with the program

So I keep reading about rum runners but I am lost as to what everyone is talking about. Is this something special that you are using

Just google rum runners -- you'll see a website for them that will explain it all - I'd go into detail...but I don't want to turn the OPs thread into another one about smuggling.

We'll be seeing a lot more drunks and puking with this program. :rolleyes:

I can understand your concern, but I was aboard the Splendor last week and saw no evidence of over-indulgence.

I think it's worth noting that Carnival has inisisted its policy limiting alcohol brought aboard was to prevent over-indulgence, though, and this program seems to invite it. I guess over-indulgence is OK if Carnival is profiting.

Jim

I can understand your concern, but I was aboard the Splendor last week and saw no evidence of over-indulgence.

I think it's worth noting that Carnival has inisisted its policy limiting alcohol brought aboard was to prevent over-indulgence, though, and this program seems to invite it. I guess over-indulgence is OK if Carnival is profiting.

Jim

Carnival is a for profit company...but them limiting the amount of liquor to stop over-indulgence does make sense...the bar staff can monitor if someone has had too much to drink, but if people bring on liquor there is no one to monitor how much someone has consumed in their room or on deck from their personal bottle.

Jim

i think it's worth noting that those that do the math and decide 'hey this is a good deal for ME', probably would buy the same amount of drinks anyway...

and by buying this package, it's kinda like a 'profit sharing' plan from carnival, to me. they're gonna get my money either way, i like that i will realize a return (savings). win win. :cool:

We'll be seeing a lot more drunks and puking with this program. :rolleyes:

I for one support the idea since I am one of those that likes to try different things but at the ship prices I stick with what I like......with this, I wouldn't feel so bad ordering a glass of wine, beer, etc. that I am not familiar with. If I don't like it - oh well, throw it away and try something different.

If you ever saw our liquor bill on our cruises, you would think we should have been "drunk and puking" but all spread throughout a day nowhere even close. Now it's my turn to :rolleyes:

:)

Jim

Why does every one of these threads have to come to peoples concerns with "over indulgence"? Based on the the rolling eyes icon in the post you quoted, I would assume the poster was just taking a stab at all the other knuckleheads that feel the need to say those exact things in every one of the bar package threads. Furthermore, an unlimited bar package does not "invite" over indulgence. It's gives paying customers a choice as to how they want to spend their vacations. Those that wish to see how high they can get their BAC are going to do it regardless of any accomodations that carnival offers them, and there's going to be at least one or two of them on your boat regardless of how much you worry about it.

I can usually drink a decent amount, but I took my first cruise to Alaska in late-August and I couldn't have more than a few drinks per day. I was so full from the food that I felt bloated after 1 beer. I don't think I had a good buzz the entire time!

you're doing it wrong :D

Where did the 15 drink limit come from? It is not on the previously posted Carnival policy, nor is mentioned in USA Today. As a matter of fact USA Today is clear that it is UNLIMITED.:cool:

as a matter of fact usa today 'broke' a story that was about a week old lol... and until carnival is CLEAR that it is UNLIMITED that doesn't matter at all...

the 15 / day limit has come from people who actually have been on these ships, purchased it, and were told at time of purchase. additionally, have witnessed people being 'cut off' at the imaginary 15 / day limit.

TRUE details will be sparse until carnival actually publishes a policy, which they have not. JH says oh no worries mate no limit, it's just a flag for the bartender to make sure all is well, and if it is keep drinking. those on the ships have reported otherwise. best information is coming from here right now, though it seems even the few ships it's been implemented to don't entirely know how to handle it yet.

time will tell.

Where did the 15 drink limit come from? It is not on the previously posted Carnival policy, nor is mentioned in USA Today. As a matter of fact USA Today is clear that it is UNLIMITED.:cool:

According to Heald (I believe on his facebook page), there is no 15 drink limit. In a nutshell...there is, however, a flag on one's card once they hit the 15 drink "milestone" alerting the bartender that this person may be intoxicated and bartenders should be cautious when serving said person.

as a matter of fact usa today 'broke' a story that was about a week old lol...

the 15 / day limit has come from people who actually have been on these ships, purchased it, and were told at time of purchase. additionally, have witnessed people being 'cut off' at the imaginary 15 / day limit.

TRUE details will be sparse until carnival actually publishes a policy, which they have not. JH says oh no worries mate no limit, it's just a flag for the bartender to make sure all is well, and if it is keep drinking. those on the ships have reported otherwise. best information is coming from here right now, though it seems even the few ships it's been implemented to don't entirely know how to handle it yet.

time will tell.

I didn't see anyone saying they had witnessed others being cut off. If that's the case, JH is full of sh!*. Thanks for the heads up though, I can promise you there will one evening at the craps table during the week of 10/7 that I will be able to give you first hand knowledge of whether or not they cut you off. Like you said, time will tell.

Thank you OP for the useful info.

I am not sure why there is all this concern with a limit of 15 drinks anyway.

That seems like a whole lot of drinks although perhaps not so many if sodas are included.

If they are not included then is 15 an unreasonable limit?:confused:

It isn't exactly a 15 per day limit. What JH explained is that when a person reaches 15 alcoholic drinks in one day the bartender has the right to refuse that person any more alcohol IF they feel the person is intoxicated and has had too much too drink. IF the person is fine then they may be served more.

I didn't see anyone saying they had witnessed others being cut off. If that's the case, JH is full of sh!*. Thanks for the heads up though, I can promise you there will one evening at the craps table during the week of 10/7 that I will be able to give you first hand knowledge of whether or not they cut you off. Like you said, time will tell.

man that was hard as there are like 10 of these threads now lol... but found it... from this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1699607

this post, first hand from splendor cruiser (thanks btw, am588):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35270313&postcount=134

there ya go. imo more conclusive info than we're getting from carnival or mr heald, at least as per how it's being implemented.

It isn't exactly a 15 per day limit. What JH explained is that when a person reaches 15 alcoholic drinks in one day the bartender has the right to refuse that person any more alcohol IF they feel the person is intoxicated and has had too much too drink. IF the person is fine then they may be served more.

and people who have actually bought it and experienced it are being told otherwise, and witnessing otherwise...

^^see above.

There is a 15 drink limit and I saw 3 people told they reached the limit. This is actually one complaint the bar staff had w the program because there is no way for them to keep track of how many drinks you have until you reach 15, and then a bright red flashing message comes up and they cannot serve you anymore. The bar manager when I purchased this program also informed me of the limit

Above the post from the Splendor thread

Thank you OP for the useful info.I am not sure why there is all this concern with a limit of 15 drinks anyway.

That seems like a whole lot of drinks although perhaps not so many if sodas are included.

For me its not even about the 15 its about accurate information regarding the program. I like clarity.

Thank you OP for the useful info.I am not sure why there is all this concern with a limit of 15 drinks anyway.

sodas are included, but apparently do not count against the 'limit'... they are unlimited... but i've also read that some bar servers think they are. they need to train their people better lol.

and i think 15 is a perfectly reasonable 'limit' for the 42.95... plus tip whatever. give me 15 drinks for that and i'd be happy... but they do advertise it as 'unlimited'... they need to make it clear... though it is just a 'test' program, albeit seeming to spread quickly... victory -> splendor -> breeze...

man that was hard as there are like 10 of these threads now lol... but found it... from this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1699607

this post, first hand from splendor cruiser (thanks btw, am588):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35270313&postcount=134

there ya go. imo more conclusive info than we're getting from carnival or mr heald, at least as per how it's being implemented.

Thanks for getting back at me. I don't see Heald telling outright lies about his interpretation of the program, so either he or the waitstaff are obviously misinformed. Either case is certainly plausible, and understandable with a new program such as this.

I'm being told I'm purchasing an unlimited drink package by the Senior Cruise Director for Carnival, so if I want 16 drinks one day I'm going to expect 16 drinks.

John Heald also went on to say on another post on FB, that if a bartender feels that a person is "sharing" when they reach 15 drinks then they can be cut off also.

I was thinking about this today...

If I buy the program and sit down at a bar am I able to buy a young lady a drink outside the program...wonder how that works.

Archived