Key West with a 22 month old! What to do?

mymi

Looking for fun things to do in Key West with a 22 month old!! Will be arriving on Oct 9th via the Conquest! Any help/ideas would be great!!;)

At the other end of Duval ---> http://www.keywestbutterfly.com/

A few blocks from the port ---> http://www.keywestkitecompany.com/

In the Clinton Sq. Mall ---> http://www.keywesttoyfactory.com/

The Aquarium ---> http://www.keywestaquarium.com/

And just for you ---> http://www.theporchkw.com/

Pjk

I would add that the conch train/trolley is really fun for kids and a great way to get from a to b. hop on hop off.

Thanks for all the advise. I think we are going to do the cityview tour and when we make the stop at the southern most point take our daughter to see the butterflies. She loves them!

One other question....are there stoliers available for rent in key west or are we better of bringing out own? Just curious...or will we need one?

The trolleys won't take big honkin' huge strollers; I was riding one when parents wanted to board with one and were told to fold it up first. Once they're folded, they can be stored (as long as the trolley isn't completely full up--it probably won't be second week of October).

Key West is such a walkable port I don't know that I'd do any museum or real excursion with my little one. It would be fun I think to walk around (of course with stroller) and see the town, have lunch or key lime pie and enjoy the sights.

Key West is such a walkable port I don't know that I'd do any museum or real excursion with my little one. It would be fun I think to walk around (of course with stroller) and see the town, have lunch or key lime pie and enjoy the sights.

So where is the best place to get a slice of key lime pie? Not sure if I can talk my hubby into bringing a stroller, but trying. Also...do you think the butterfly conservatory is worth a stop? Our daughter loves butterflies, but if its not much to see let us know. thanks!

The butterfly conservatory is very nice - lots of butterfly's!:)

Kermits has decent Key Lime Pie, or you can get it at most any restaurant if you stop for lunch.

Not sure I understand the advice above about not doing anything just "because it's walkable". You can walk around all you want and still go the the butterfly place and/or aquarium.

If your child will fit in one of the small foldable umbrella strollers they're easy to tote around. In my opinion some kind of stroller is a good idea, it could be pretty warm in October.

Do realize that if you want to go to the Butterfly Conservatory, you'll almost certainly need a taxi or some other vehicle; it's more than a mile from Mallory Square to the butterflies. It's easy to find, being on Duval Street, but it is quite a hike.

If you do decide to do the trolleys, both have stops there--I recommend CityView, and their stop is right in front of the place.

Do realize that if you want to go to the Butterfly Conservatory, you'll almost certainly need a taxi or some other vehicle; it's more than a mile from Mallory Square to the butterflies. It's easy to find, being on Duval Street, but it is quite a hike.

If you do decide to do the trolleys, both have stops there--I recommend CityView, and their stop is right in front of the place.

We plan on taking the CityView and after looking at the map of the stops CityView stops right near the Butterfly Conservatory. Is this not correct? Just trying to get a feel for things.

Saw this thread when searching for something to do in Key West with my 4-year-old daughter. She will love the Butterfly Conservatory - thanks for the great idea! :)

Just saw this on their website, so be aware: •No strollers please. We do have facilities to store them while you enjoy the butterflies.

• 2 weeks later...
I would also visit the beach for awhile.

Keith

Not necessarily. The beaches on KW arent that great compared to the other stops their ship is probably stopping at, and KW is usually a pretty quick stop anyway so not a great place to try and squeeze in a mediocre beach day.

Archived