What is considered a Butler No-No?

NYGirl1002

I once saw someone's cruise review posted with pictures here. There was a photo of a butler cutting their meat on a plate. It almost looked like the picture was taken as a proud moment or something. I think that is too far and feel sorry for any butler who gets used as a personal servant.

We all laugh when jokes are made about butlers feeding them grapes and food, but cutting meat and using utensils is pretty darn close!

NO WIRE HANGERS........EVER!!!!!

:)

I once saw someone's cruise review posted with pictures here. There was a photo of a butler cutting their meat on a plate. It almost looked like the picture was taken as a proud moment or something. I think that is too far and feel sorry for any butler who gets used as a personal servant.

We all laugh when jokes are made about butlers feeding them grapes and food, but cutting meat and using utensils is pretty darn close!

NO WIRE HANGERS........EVER!!!!!

:)

Maybe it was a child's meat? We've had our server and even the head waiter come over and make a big show of cutting DD's steak for her. I politely thanked them and said I could do it but they insisted. This was on RCL and we weren't in a suite.

I know OP said they're booked in an aft penthouse, but my husband and learned one thing butlers will not do for pax who are in Haven category suites:

They will, of course, take orders for dinner (specialty or otherwise; even split, if you wish) to bring to you in your stateroom, but they won't bring it to you in the Haven courtyard for you to eat there, at one of the tables. They will only serve you in your suite.

We accepted this, but we didn't really understand why it was so. The Haven was mere steps from our suite, and we weren't thinking of having the butler serve each course; we expected to get the entire dinner at once, as usual.

But the butler said it "wasn't allowed," and we accepted that.

--Sona

Meant to include this quote with my comment above.

There was a long thread a while back where someone used the butler to unpack and pack their suitcases. If I recall correctly, most respondents thought this was a bit much.

While I would not ask the butler to do so, I would secretly love to have someone pack for me.

Packing (which hubby never does) means vacation is over and is quite depressing. :(:mad: I've stopped packing the night before and now do it in the morning. But it would be sweet to just enjoy the view.... Maybe one year hubby will step up. :D

There was a long thread a while back where someone used the butler to unpack and pack their suitcases. If I recall correctly, most respondents thought this was a bit much.

Whether or not it is considered a bit much, the butler will offer (ours always have) to unpack your suitcases for you so you can enjoy the ship. We have never taken them up on the offer as we are fairly private people and don't like anyone going through our personal things.

Just one of the perks of the GV.

While they may do it (and advertise it), I think the overall feel was that 1) I don't want my butler in my underpants, and 2) I'd put things where I want so I can find it.

Personally, I couldn't care less if my butler handled my skivvies (it's his therapy bill, not mine), but I would prefer to put stuff where I want it. I also am perfectly capable of unpacking my own bag and would be thinking "he could be doing something way more important for someone else" the entire time.

While I would not ask the butler to do so, I would secretly love to have someone pack for me.

Packing (which hubby never does) means vacation is over and is quite depressing. :(:mad: I've stopped packing the night before and now do it in the morning. But it would be sweet to just enjoy the view.... Maybe one year hubby will step up. :D

I know exactly how you feel!

NCL's own website says for Suites and Penthouses "Butler to unpack your luggage"...

The last thing I would want. It would take me all cruise to find my stuff. Unpacking before muster drill is one of the joys that confirms my cruise s ready to roll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

The butler gave me strange looks when I asked him to trim my toenails, finish that tricky crossword puzzle for me, and kill that noisy couple in the next room.

Guess some of that should have fallen to the concierge?

:p

Personally, I couldn't care less if my butler handled my skivvies (it's his therapy bill, not mine),

Mike you are absolutely a hoot :). You always manage to give me a couple of laughs a week. :D

The last thing I would want. It would take me all cruise to find my stuff. Unpacking before muster drill is one of the joys that confirms my cruise s ready to roll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I agree about the unpacking! I always cant wait for my bags to come but packing to leave is another story-very depressing!

Archived