Cafe al Bacio afficionados - your presence is requested !

Evilgrin72

What exactly was it? Did they blend it or were there chunks of fruit floating around in the coffee?

This may be a bit of an oversimplification of the carabico, but imagine a coffee-based drink (coffee with whatever flavored syrups they put in, such as the coconut syrup) with a tropical garnish (ie, the pineapple and whipped cream). The ones that I had weren't blended. Hope that helps!

Very cool ! Not sure if you had the drink package - this sounds like something my wife would love, but with the premium N/A package, she probably would opt for something else if this carried a $5-6 price tag and she could get a macchiato for $0. Do you know if this thing is counted as a drink, even though it's served over gelato?

Its free on the premium non alcoholic package x

This may be a bit of an oversimplification of the carabico, but imagine a coffee-based drink (coffee with whatever flavored syrups they put in, such as the coconut syrup) with a tropical garnish (ie, the pineapple and whipped cream). The ones that I had weren't blended. Hope that helps!

Ahhh...OK, that's what I was driving at, makes sense. Thanks very much for the info !

I have also been to Cafe Al Bacio many times but never tried any of them.

To be honest, I have never heard of them before.

Now if you want something heavenly, try an Aspen Coffee:D

Kahluah, Bailey's and Frangelica, poured over the coffee in a stemmed

glass.....yummy:)

That's my very favorite too. Can't wait to have a few in November.:D

OK, now I need to learn more about this Pear Tea. Is this an herbal type tea bag or is it something special that they mix up for you? I assume that there's a charge for it?

My husband got hooked on those Aspen Coffees on our Alaskan cruise.

I think it is actually a pear ginger tea. You get it at the cafe. If you don't have the beverage package, there is a charge. I think it is $4. Depending on my mood I have it either iced or hot. The tea is in a triangle shaped "tea bag."

I love those triangle tea bags! They look as though they are made of silk, and the cute little piece of wire at the top with the leaf attached just tops it all off! The presentation is just lovely. The vanilla tea was very nice as well, but I will have to try the pear tea.

Hi Yvette:) I know we won't be dining together but maybe we

could have some drinks in the cafe:D

The brand of the tea is Tea Forte and the presentation of the iced tea is so nice.

It is a pitcher of strong tea that sits on top of a pitcher of ice and when they bring it to your table they pour the hot tea over the ice.

We loved it so much we bought our own set for home. It is good but not as good as it was in the middle of the Caribbean :mad: Also I can't get my husband to offer me chocolates while I drink the tea either.

The brand of the tea is Tea Forte and the presentation of the iced tea is so nice.

It is a pitcher of strong tea that sits on top of a pitcher of ice and when they bring it to your table they pour the hot tea over the ice.

The iced black tea is wonderful. They leave the bag in the small pitcher, so the tea is strong.

Archived