Pre Paid Gratuities Question

luvmy2kids

If I have 5 people in one cabin, can I prepay gratuities for one person at a time or do I have to prepay gratuities for the entire cabin?

I asked my PVP and she told me that gratuities have to be prepaid for everyone in the cabin at the same time.

Even if I think its stupid, she may be right. But I just wanted to see what everyone's experience has been with this. Thanks.

Oh, also, can I prepay gratuities online or do I have to call?

Yes, that is correct. If you want to pre-pay grats, but your cabin mates don't, there's nothing you can do.

If you feel you want to pay that ahead of time, best way to do it is to put some credit on your account ahead of time (either call or buy funship dollars and put money on that way).

thanks! i'll look into funship dollars. :-) Everyone in the cabin is my family but I wanted to pay little by little since there are 5 of us...funship dollars should accomplish that nicely. thank you so much.

Available in $25, $50, $100 and $500 denominations, customized Fun Ship Dollars can be used towards the purchase of a cruise or as an onboard credit.

Fun Ship Dollar representatives are available to answer your questions about our products, help you make a selection, and take your credit card order. You can reach our Special Programs and Promotions department by telephone; toll free, at 1-800-906-7603 during the following hours:

Monday - Saturday 8:00am - 8:30pm, Eastern Time

Phone orders are accepted up to one week prior to sailing. Visa, MasterCard, Discover® Network and American Express accepted.

Customer Service is closed Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day.

The only other way to pre-pay them a little at a time was to add them on when you purchased the cruise and they it is just added to the total amount you owe and you just make payments. But if the cruise has already been paid off or past final payment date, OBC is the best way to go.

Speaking of pre-paid gratuities, this morning I was looking at my cruise docs online, and noticed it doesn't list a charge for prepaid gratuities. I know when we booked they mentioned this. It shows cruise fare, taxes, trip insurance...no mention of gratuities. Will gratuities be charged to our S&S? Thought we had everything covered.

Speaking of pre-paid gratuities, this morning I was looking at my cruise docs online, and noticed it doesn't list a charge for prepaid gratuities. I know when we booked they mentioned this. It shows cruise fare, taxes, trip insurance...no mention of gratuities. Will gratuities be charged to our S&S? Thought we had everything covered.

Log onto Carnival's website and go look at your cruise documents. On page 2 (invoice page) where it itemizes your charges there is a line for prepaid gratuities. If you've paid them it will be listed, if not it will be blank. If you want to add them you can call Carnival to have it added before you sail otherwise they'll be on your S&S account once you're onboard.

Log onto Carnival's website and go look at your cruise documents. On page 2 (invoice page) where it itemizes your charges there is a line for prepaid gratuities. If you've paid them it will be listed, if not it will be blank. If you want to add them you can call Carnival to have it added before you sail otherwise they'll be on your S&S account once you're onboard.

Yes, it's there! Thank you so much!

OK, what am i missing here? Does anyone tip before they eat at a restaurant? Why would you consider tipping in advance? I thought a gratuity was for services rendered? Don't get me wrong I am in the service business and tip very well including extra for the ship's cocktail servers (they find us much faster).

OK, what am i missing here? Does anyone tip before they eat at a restaurant? Why would you consider tipping in advance? I thought a gratuity was for services rendered? Don't get me wrong I am in the service business and tip very well including extra for the ship's cocktail servers (they find us much faster).

There are other threads where this was beat to death.

If I could prepay tips at a restaurant, and they were still changeable at the end (like Carnivals are), I would do it, so the staff knew I was not a cheap bastard like many on here who are out and proud tip removers and bend into knots justifying it.

When it comes to prepaid grats, I just like to have the majority of my expenses out of the way before I sail. If the service sucks, I can still reduce or remove them.

I agree with twindaddy. I like to have as many expenses taken care of before I go. Besides, these people work so so hard for you. I see the gratuities as part of the cost of my trip. Everytime I go, I usually tip extra on top of the standard included amount.

Archived