Mini Fridge?

Snobrdgrl3211

FYI, unless the fridges have changed since we last cruised Carnival, they are NOT what you'd expect, re: keeping things nice and cold. I wouldn't want to leave milk in one overnight and drink it the next morning. :( Normally I like having a fridge, but these excuses for fridges I could easily go without.

ask guest services, they can put one in the room, or at least that's what I was told

I would think you would need a good reason, like you need it for medical reasons. Even for medical reasons, they often will tell you they cannot provide one, none available, you need to store your medicine in their facility.

I would not ask for one if you dont have a pressing reason for one and take it from someone who might really need it.

I would think you would need a good reason, like you need it for medical reasons. Even for medical reasons, they often will tell you they cannot provide one, none available, you need to store your medicine in their facility.

I would not ask for one if you dont have a pressing reason for one and take it from someone who might really need it.

I haven't had to request one, every room I've been in has had one.. I did ask (CCL Rep)on my upcoming cruise if it doesn't have one can I get one and she said its not a problem just request it. She never said anything about medical reason's but that does make sense.. guess, I'll find out in Dec

I haven't had to request one, every room I've been in has had one.. I did ask (CCL Rep)on my upcoming cruise if it doesn't have one can I get one and she said its not a problem just request it. She never said anything about medical reason's but that does make sense.. guess, I'll find out in Dec

I think it depends on your cabin steward. We have requested shower chairs.. sometimes we get them and sometimes we have to ask after we board and it takes a few days.

In-Stateroom Minibar / Refrigerator

Minibar

Ships: Spirit Pride Legend Miracle Conquest Glory Valor Liberty Freedom Splendor Dream Magic Breeze (all staterooms and suites)

Ships: Triumph Victory Destiny Sunshine Fascination Paradise (all suites)

Depending on the ship, all staterooms and/or suites have a stocked minibar (check for specific ship above). The items will be replenished twice daily as the items are consumed and charged to the guest's Sail & Sign Account along with a 15% restocking fee. If the guest wishes to have the minibar permanently locked, they will need to contact their Room Steward or Guest Services. The minibar will be stocked with premium liquor ($5.50-$7.00), beer ($4.95), wine, in suites only ($5.50) and soft drinks/bottled water ($1.95-$3.95).

Refrigerator

Ships: Fantasy Ecstasy Sensation Inspiration Elation Imagination (all suites)

All suites have a small refrigerator (not stocked).

• 1 month later...
In-Stateroom Minibar / Refrigerator

Minibar

Ships: Spirit Pride Legend Miracle Conquest Glory Valor Liberty Freedom Splendor Dream Magic Breeze (all staterooms and suites)

Ships: Triumph Victory Destiny Sunshine Fascination Paradise (all suites)

Depending on the ship, all staterooms and/or suites have a stocked minibar (check for specific ship above). The items will be replenished twice daily as the items are consumed and charged to the guest's Sail & Sign Account along with a 15% restocking fee. If the guest wishes to have the minibar permanently locked, they will need to contact their Room Steward or Guest Services. The minibar will be stocked with premium liquor ($5.50-$7.00), beer ($4.95), wine, in suites only ($5.50) and soft drinks/bottled water ($1.95-$3.95).

Refrigerator

Ships: Fantasy Ecstasy Sensation Inspiration Elation Imagination (all suites)

All suites have a small refrigerator (not stocked).

Where did you find the above info? What I just read under Carnival FAQ doesn't include the Breeze.

Going on the Breeze in February. Is the fridge cold enough to keep milk, yogurt or opened baby food in?

It should be fine. The mini fridge is a little smaller than what you would find in a Hotel room. We have kept yogurt in ours and it works fine. A little hint though: Ask your room steward to remove the contents - they will empty and store somewhere in your cabin. That way they know not to restock it and you won't get charged.

ask guest services, they can put one in the room, or at least that's what I was told
They will provide them for medical reasons, such as keeping insulin cold. And even then, there is a limited supply.

Going on the Breeze in February. Is the fridge cold enough to keep milk, yogurt or opened baby food in?

NO!! Carnival fridges are great for soda but milk will spoil by the next am. We ice bucket milk. Do not keep baby food in it or formula.

NO!! Carnival fridges are great for soda but milk will spoil by the next am. We ice bucket milk. Do not keep baby food in it or formula.

I agree. The fridges do not cool down to below 40F, which the safe zone for dairy. Keep dairy buried in ice.

I agree, calling them "fridges" is a bit of a stretch... somewhat cool storage, maybe. It's about what you'd expect if you put some already-cold items in a cooler without any supplemental ice packs. Really that's about all it is-- insulated storage.

Not that it really matters, but yes, you can request a fridge on the Victory. This was a question that came up during the Behind the Fun tour on the Victory, and the answer was that yes, you could get a fridge but you had to request it BEFORE boarding. There was one couple on the tour that said they had requested and received a fridge.

I can't answer if they keep things cold, but from what I hear, they don't really "fit" in the cabins, they are limited in the area of the cabin that it can actually go (because of the outlet) and it's probably going to stick out in the way of your walking in the cabin and be a nuisance to navigate around.

Archived