Noumea - Container Terminal - Accessability

cjm66

I suspect we will be docking at the container terminal in Noumea - a first for us. I gather this means using a shuttle bus to the usual terminal. Does anyone have any experience or information about whether the shuttles will be accessible for wheelchairs or small scooters or whether there is any alternative available. Noumea on a Sunday AND at the container terminal! Ouch! Thanks Colleen

I suspect we will be docking at the container terminal in Noumea - a first for us. I gather this means using a shuttle bus to the usual terminal. Does anyone have any experience or information about whether the shuttles will be accessible for wheelchairs or small scooters or whether there is any alternative available. Noumea on a Sunday AND at the container terminal! Ouch! Thanks Colleen

Passengers cannot walk through the terminal area so the only way out is on the free shuttle bus. As far as I know, there isn't a wheelchair lift, but if the passenger could get out of the chair and step up (not a big step) into the bus there would be room in the bus for a folded wheelchair.

Sunday in Noumea is quiet. There would be the usual stalls upstairs in the cruise terminal, but unfortunately I don't think there is a lift to access the upstairs area.

Each time we have been in the back docks, the buses provided were large tour buses. Twice with rccl. I am sure they would accommodate wheelchairs for this port, as it is not a tender. Perhaps check with the cruise line itself, as they are the ones that would preorder the buses. It is only a 5 minute drive to the main terminal from there, unless there are roadworks. You are not allowed to walk out, the law plus far too dangerous. Tis a big container area. Hmmm, Noumea on a Sunday:eek:. Take another small cheap tour from the terminal building:)

Jen

Passengers cannot walk through the terminal area so the only way out is on the free shuttle bus. As far as I know, there isn't a wheelchair lift, but if the passenger could get out of the chair and step up (not a big step) into the bus there would be room in the bus for a folded wheelchair.

Sunday in Noumea is quiet. There would be the usual stalls upstairs in the cruise terminal, but unfortunately I don't think there is a lift to access the upstairs area.

There IS a lift (you call it manually & it's small but DH's wheelchair fitted in)

at the cruise terminal at Noumea. It's in the left-hand corner closest to the wharf as you look toward the wharf :) So you can get to the upstairs stalls

There IS a lift (you call it manually & it's small but DH's wheelchair fitted in)

at the cruise terminal at Noumea. It's in the left-hand corner closest to the wharf as you look toward the wharf :) So you can get to the upstairs stalls

I've seen the lift, but when we were there last the woman on the closest stall said it wasn't working.

Just a note... was not that impressed with the stalls that were up there, so may be not that big a loss.

Although, I suppose it depends on what is actually open on Sunday. I also saw signs that a can of soft drink was $4 AU.

Archived