Lauderdale hotel long term 42 day parking ideas

jpinperth

Hello all.... I'm trying to find a hotel in Lauderdale that would allow parking for up to 42 days. I know that some will do 14 but does anyone know if there's a hotel where you can pay the addtional parking days while away?

We are renting a car locally for 24 hrs - drop off airport - then shuttle to cruise. The return - the same thing -- an option if you live in FL.

I inquired at Park & Fly and no long term discounts are offered.

Some storage unit places have reasonable outdoor long term parking - but getting to your cruise might be a challenge.

See if you can rent a local garage on craigs list - do a combo with a car rental to get you where you are going - or a cab.

good luck !!

I would check on www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals, and then call the hotel (not the central 1-800 number) and ask about extended parking options/fees.

I would be concerned about leaving my car anywhere (including my garage) for 42 days and having it start -- battery, tires, fluids, etc. There are lots of things that can go wrong when a vehicle just sits for that long :eek: -- I would take another look at either flying or maybe two one way car rentals.

Good luck! :)

Hello all.... I'm trying to find a hotel in Lauderdale that would allow parking for up to 42 days. I know that some will do 14 but does anyone know if there's a hotel where you can pay the addtional parking days while away?

Hi,

I do not know if that would or would not work, but I would call and ask:

Fairfield Inn offered up to 21 days days free parking even with one night stay, so I would book one night pre-cruise to get the first 21 days ..... and I would also make another booking at the end of the needed 42 days parking, the post cruise night and see if I could get the 21 days parking that would be before the post cruise night.

It seems to me as two seperate bookings for the stay in Fairfield, so it is possible you might get two seperate passes for the parking.

Who knows maybe it will work. If it does let us know.

Not sure if there is a cap on the number of days at the Fairfield Inn, as parksleepfly mentions a '30 day', but it also states this parking info:

Parking Description: Free Parking for 1 car per room, up to 21 days - strictly for guests with hotel reservations only. Please register your vehicle at the front desk upon arrival and obtain a parking pass. Additional days of parking: $5.00 per additional day. The additional parking at $105 is very reasonable. (21 days at $5 per day). Enjoy your long cruise! :)

• 2 weeks later...

good friend left car for 3 months at the Fairfield Inn due to a medical situation - when she went in to 'discuss' and pay. Before there was any conversation - the clerk asked if she had the keys - yes - ok you are fine - have a good day !!!

so much for security noticing a car sitting there so long !!!

lol

Archived