Update: Carnival Expands All-You-Can-Drink Package to Four Ships

LauraS

We're on the Splendor in a week and it has already disappeared from the reservation page because it's full, so I think you might want to update your thinking on the Splendor.

I'm just saying the excuse that Carnival gives for why they are pulling the Splendor and giving us a smaller ship, plus not sailing the Mexican Riviera next summer. Their famous line is that they deeply discount the cabins to fill the ship, but I have never seen these deep discounts.

I'm still a little mystified on the ships they have chosen to introduce this on. The Victory is port intensive, The Splendor has a hard time filling cabins because people think Mexico is evil, The Breeze is in Europe and the Spirit is going to Australia, starting with a leg to Hawaii beginning Sept 18.

There, how's that for being on topic.:p Seriously, does it make sense to anyone else?

Longer cruises with lots of sea days. Spirit - Vancouver to Hawaii to Australia.

Breeze in Europe 12 day cruises and then a 15 day Transatlantic. Splendor is doing a 48 day or so South American cruise.

• 1 year later...

Hoping for some feedback on the drink program.

I read that you don't have to purchase the program on the first day. It can be purchased on the 2nd day.

If I am on a 5 night cruise

Day 1 - Thursday- Do not get package - $0

Day 2 - Friday- $49.95

Day 3 - Saturday - $49.95

Day 5 - Sunday - $49.95

Day 6 - Monday - $49.95

Day 7 - Tuesday - ???????? DO THEY CHARGE FOR THE LAST DAY? WE LEAVE THE SHIP AT 8:00AM SO THERE IS NO DRINKING; BUT DO THEY CHARGE YOU?

Thanks!!! :)

Hoping for some feedback on the drink program.

I read that you don't have to purchase the program on the first day. It can be purchased on the 2nd day.

If I am on a 5 night cruise

Day 1 - Thursday- Do not get package - $0

Day 2 - Friday- $49.95

Day 3 - Saturday - $49.95

Day 5 - Sunday - $49.95

Day 6 - Monday - $49.95

Day 7 - Tuesday - ???????? DO THEY CHARGE FOR THE LAST DAY? WE LEAVE THE SHIP AT 8:00AM SO THERE IS NO DRINKING; BUT DO THEY CHARGE YOU?

Thanks!!! :)

you really dug deep to find this one...

Answer for your question is no, you do not pay for disembarkation day.

If you are on a 5 day cruise and you purchase Cheers on the first sea day you will only pay for 4 days.