10/1 Price Deadline

commodore2010

We just booked our first Riviera cruise for this November. We are very excited to see the new ship. We decided to book now rather than wait because my TA just informed us that she got a note from Oceania that for the first time in a while virtually all itineraries are going up in price on 10/1.

Thought I would share the news.

make any offer time sensitive... and quanity limited.

But I agree prices must go up... food and fuel alone have soared.

I hear the lobster union is demanding better health care and better retirement.:D

I just wish they would give the winter 2014 cruises a chance to book

It has to be simple, or I certainly could not do it!

These are the steps for adding a photo from the Internet:

STEP 1 You will need to know the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) for the photo that you want to be inserting.

In most cases when you right click on a photo, you will be able to copy the URL.

If that sounds too complicated, here is a sample URL:

http://kravet.*******.com/.a/6a00e5514c4b608834014e6072ac7c970c-pi

STEP 2 Start a new Post 163854.jpg

STEP 3 Click on the Photo Icon in the toolbar:

164229.jpg

STEP 3b It looks like this 110103.jpg

STEP 4 Insert the URL in the Dialogue Box that appears:

155541.jpg

STEP 5 Click Submit Reply and admire your handiwork!

Thanks for the good wishes. We are Regent regulars, but the timing of this one did not make it possible. Besides we had a great time on the Marina.

Question for Oceania Regulars: I REALLY want to try the La Reserve and I see they have three different menus with varying prices. The top tier sounds wonderful. Has anyone tried it? What was it like? Worth the money?

Thanks for the good wishes. We are Regent regulars, but the timing of this one did not make it possible. Besides we had a great time on the Marina.

Question for Oceania Regulars: I REALLY want to try the La Reserve and I see they have three different menus with varying prices. The top tier sounds wonderful. Has anyone tried it? What was it like? Worth the money?

That's the Connoisseur menu. Because of good friends, we were privileged to be served the new menu before it was generally available. It's fabulous, and definitely worth the money. Just as a small example, the sauce for the Kobe beef (itself of the finest quality) is prepared as a reduction of at least 4 different wines, each costing more than $100 per bottle (I think I got that right; if not, I'm sure I'll be corrected by Jim, Stan, Glen or Cenia, who also shared this opportunity). It takes a lot of wine to make a little sauce! It's unbelievably good, and something I will likely never experience again outside this incredible meal. All the rest of the menu is as indescribably superb. I think it's a "must" at least once.

Not an Oceania regular yet, but just got back from our 1st O cruise on Riviera & are going again next year. I do have some second-hand info for you, though :) We did not eat at La Reserve, but others at our group ate there 2x and raved! Also, I made friends with a woman who got a galley tour with the Sr. Exec. Chef and tagged along, he told us that La Reserve's top tier menu is the most technical (advanced preparation) of any menu on board and is partly prepared in a small galley adjacent to La Reserve (meats and sauces; all other food prep on board is done in the 5th deck main galley).

Our friends who ate there said that they would have eaten at La Reserve 3x (to do each menu once) but one evening not enough people signed up. The max is 24 (3 tables of 8), but on our cruise there was also a minimum of 12. They talked up the head server at La Reserve and he said he could make it happen for 10, so they rounded up a total of 10 people for their 2nd night there :) These were food-oriented folks in their late 30s, we met them through the Food & Wine Trails group that we were all a part of. In their view it was a great value, as the upcharge is justified by the wines alone.

We are definitely planning to eat there next year!

Archived