Better Check your American Airlines Flights

kelmac

My wife and I are leaving the end of May for a BtoB cruise and our return flights have been dropped. We were rebooked on an earlier flight with new seats. I just happen to catch this online--they never sent a change notice (as of now).

Everything is going to work out okay, but it's kind of getting late for these type of changes???

Since we are leaving in 10 days, I didn't think I really needed to check -- wow!--glad I did.

Kel:rolleyes:

My wife and I are leaving the end of May for a BtoB cruise and our return flights have been dropped. We were rebooked on an earlier flight with new seats. I just happen to catch this online--they never sent a change notice (as of now).

Everything is going to work out okay, but it's kind of getting late for these type of changes???

Since we are leaving in 10 days, I didn't think I really needed to check -- wow!--glad I did.

Kel:rolleyes:

Airlines change and drop flights all the time, right up until about 4 hours before departure. Make sure you sign up for either email notifications or cell phone notifications at AA.com. They are VERY good about the notifications. I fly AA over 100,000 miles per year and have never NOT been notified of a flight change. In fact, I had three cell messages yesterday about flights in August. I just sapped them, as the flights are almost bound to change again.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

this has happened to me twice with AA and a cruise. I was able to get a non stop after they rescheduled me to a flight I couldn't make because I was coming off a cruise. sometimes it works to your advantage.

I used to work for Jetsgo airlines, and the airline can change/cancel flights right up to time of departure.

I didnt exactly think this was fair for passengers, but then again i didn't make the rules.

THANK YOU!!!

I must've never gotten notice of a change of the flight. They changed it to two days earlier. I gotta call them right now. They did send me an email, but it ended up in my spam folder.

Oh, thanks guys!!!

-Chris

They did that to us and when I complained they flew us first class, no bad. We had booked our flights to Fl. when they first became available at 124 round trip to Orlando and when checking right before we were to leave notice I could not pull up our boarding passes. Had cancelled out 7 am flight, first flight out was about and hr later, on the way home the flight was abouot an hour later.

Regardless of airline, check and recheck your flights. Three wks ago I booked American for an Oct flight to Merida, Mx from Charlotte. I learned today that my flights had been changed and I would now be arriving in Merida, Mx one minute before leaving Charlotte. That's quite a feat.

Called American and all is fixed now.

If you are cruising I strongly recommend confirming your airline tickets 48 hours before a flight. Watch for any changes in your schedule and don't be suprised at what can happen. I just returne from Germany two days ago and although everything worked out you can imagine our situation at CDG when our tickets would not scan and the attendant explained that the American Partner had canceled our tickets? They apparently thought we could not catch our flight out of Atlanta and we did. Its a wonder. Stay alert on your flights. Tim

We always leave the day before the cruise. What happens if you are in the middle of your cruise and they change the flight?? How will they notify us?? Our returning flight leaves San Juan at 12:00 (noon). Our ship disembarks at 8:30 am. Our cruise isnt until September but you guys are really scareing me!!!

We always leave the day before the cruise. What happens if you are in the middle of your cruise and they change the flight?? How will they notify us?? Our returning flight leaves San Juan at 12:00 (noon). Our ship disembarks at 8:30 am. Our cruise isnt until September but you guys are really scareing me!!!

Unless you are signed up for cell notifications AND your cell phone works where you are, or have easy access to the internet, you will not know until you disembark. If it was me, I would either use the expensive ship's internet or find a phone the minute the ship arrives in San Juan. Make sure you have the AA international number, as a lot of times the regular 800 number is either busy, long hold times, or not working out of the US. You will be OK, may just not be on the flight you think if they change the schedule.

Archived