what is going on the star right now?

Sue L

It doesn't say anything at all about that. There are two tugboats pushing it back to the dock if you look at the Sun article.

Agreed. I wasn't referring to the article which makes no mention of ferries.

I am on the explorer they pulled away from the dock 2 hrs early , terrible storm and 2 ferries have delivered passengers. Anyone know what's going on? Btw were in Bermuda.

I was referring to this comment (above) by Sue L. She's since corrected me (on the message RCL board) that the "2 ferries have delivered passengers" meant delivered people from Dockyard to the Star. Not evacuating the Star to Dockyard. Phew. I was confused. ;)

Looks like these folks will get some extra time (days even) in Bermuda. The Star will not be allowed to sail until the hull is inspected and cleared by the Coast Guard.

LOL, how come it is never me that gets stuck on a ship an extra day or even better gets stuck on my favorite island! :rolleyes:

I am happy that she will be inspected so we will know for sure as is well with her!

LOL, how come it is never me that gets stuck on a ship an extra day or even better gets stuck on my favorite island! :rolleyes:

I am happy that she will be inspected so we will know for sure as is well with her!

The down side those waiting to cruise this weekend will best case have a shortened time in Bermuda assuming they don't cancel to do repairs.

Wow. That is bad news. That ship will not be sent out across the Atlantic toward home until all structural integrity is made perfect again. There could even be charter flights for folks to get home. Not to mention the future cruises booked in the next few weeks. Hope is is just mostly cosmetic and all is well.

Great - the two ships I am booked on next year hit each other. :eek:

What are the odds of that? :confused: Hope everything is fine and they take care of this sooner rather than later - going to suck to be the people who are booked when they schedule the repairs - hoping it ain't me. ;)

The down side those waiting to cruise this weekend will best case have a shortened time in Bermuda assuming they don't cancel to do repairs.

As long as they don't decide to put her in drydock in April. I have already had one cruise with NCL cancelled for this reason. I really don't want to go through re-booking 14 cabins again for my friends wedding cruise.

We broke loose from our mooring

Dh and I watched us bang the Explorer of the Seas

As far as I know no injuries

At the moment we are docking and being tied back to the pier

I have video I will post when we get home

Kathy

Enjoy your extended vacation.:)

Wow. That is bad news. That ship will not be sent out across the Atlantic toward home until all structural integrity is made perfect again. There could even be charter flights for folks to get home. Not to mention the future cruises booked in the next few weeks. Hope is is just mostly cosmetic and all is well.

If they have to fly home I sure hope everyone got their passports.

The good thing for everyone is tha Sean is the HD right now. I am sure that he will do an outstanding job keeping everything as calm as it can be. Monica is also still on the ship! :D I can not think of a better team if something like this happens.

Archived