Cancel for any reason insurance

mtu_huskies

We've typically bought insurance by researching on insuremytrip.com and that covered what we wanted for our past cruises.

For an April cruise we're considering my wife's work may will be audited sometime in March or April and they are not approving any vacation until they know the exact week it happens on. We can't wait that long to make final payment for the cruise or buy airfare.

Am I missing it or is there an option to search for cancel for any reason trip insurance on insuremytrip.com any other places I shoud look? Is there any trip insurance that is more geared towards having to cancel due to work reasons.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Usually, to obtain "cancel for work" or "cancel for any reason" coverage must be purchased within a set number of days (usually around 15) from the date you made your initial trip deposit. In addition, this is now a known possibility, so I'm not sure you can cover it anyway.

Also, with most Travelguard policies I've purchase, "cancel for any reason" has a benefit of only 50% of your trip cost. If you think your wife may have to work, I would cancel this cruise.

Travel Guard's platinum package includes optional cancel for work reasons, and cancel for any reason coverage. However, read the fine print about when it must be booked and what it covers:

Increase your coverage with these valuable additions to your Platinum Plan.

Optional Coverages** include:

Cancel For Any Reason - 75% reimbursement of nonrefundable expenses if you cancel your trip for any reason not otherwise covered under the policy, up to 48 hours prior to your departure. Only available when this plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip payment and coverage is purchased for the full cost of all prepaid trip arrangements.

Cancel For Work Reasons - Adds coverage for work-related reasons for cancellation or interruption. Also includes Travel Guard Assist's “Business Assistant” services* if you have work obligations during your travels. Only available when this plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip payment.

Archived