TP Dinner Seating Suggestions

MNTraveler

I have to vote for late. we loved going to the restaurant on Raiatea for drinks with our friends before dinner, and the sunset cruise we took on BoraBora kept us out until close to late seating. we enjoyed meeting our friends before dinner for drinks and there would not have been time if we had early seating. It may depend on how you spend your days. we spent as much time as we could snorkeling so we liked to rest up after getting back on the ship, early seating would have made that hard to do some days.

Hi Mike and Carol and everyone else!

A quick thanks for a very informative review-I enjoyed preparing our trip through your eyes! Regarding dinner, while it is a slightly different itinerary on the TP, which nights are the formal nights? I am trying to make dinner reservations and I think a conflict comes up on Bora Bora. Please advise when you get a chance!

June 3rd!

Thanks! D:)

tbredpure,

I am glad you enjoyed the review. Since we took the Marquesas itinerary and you are on the Cook Islands, very little is the same for port departures, sea days etc. I believe that our formal nights were the first full day at sea and on the day we were in Rangiroa. Since we departed Rangiroa at 4:00PM, there was no rush to get ready for formal night. Have a great trip.

Regarding formal nights on the TP, my reasoning is as follows. The first night the ship remains in port. The second night the ship leaves but some people will not be able to obtain their luggage in time to dress for formal. Therefore, the first formal or Captain's Welcome will probably be the third night. As to the farewell formal, the last night is out as you have to put out luggage, therefore it should be the second to last night.

If I am right, the first formal is leaving Huahine and the last is leaving Bora Bora.

When DW and I did the TP a couple of years ago we had late seating. This worked out great.:D There no need to rush back from the beach to clean up for dinner.:cool: We took our time and on a couple of occassion had time for a siesta.:rolleyes:

land lover,

That is interesting that the late seating was filled. On our cruise, the early seating was on wait list well before the cruise. Perhaps the Marquesas itinerary lends itself to early seating more than the Cook Islands itinerary.

Mike...loved your review and photos.....maybe it could be time of year regarding late and early sitting....I was told by princess late is much more popular on

the TP really didn't say anything about itineraries. Hope the time we have is as great as yours...Since you have had many travels what was unique about FP?

Lori:)

If I am right, the first formal is leaving Huahine and the last is leaving Bora Bora.

Hi Mark-

Thank you for your information-this will help plan out dinner reservations on BB which was where my concern was regarding formal nights!;) Have a good one!

Archived