Do I need a PVP?

TravisBickle

Good day y'all,

we are scheduled for our first cruise in Feb 2013 (WCarib on MAGIC out of Galveston).

When I initially booked, I was assigned a PVP and he called me within about 48 hours, we traded an email or two, etc.

Well, now when I send an email to his same email address as before it comes back as a bad address. So, I am guessing he has moved on to some other postion somewhere.

Right now the cruise is paid for. All of our excursions are picked out and paid for. Our dinner time is selected.

So, do I need a PVP? What does a PVP do?

Thanks in advance,

A PVP is not necessary and a matter of personal choice. Once the booking and excursions are complete then not much else for them to do. I personally enjoy my PVP when I am looking for a cruise she and I will discuss the ships and the ports and she is a good resource. Still, once all is paid and set, not much else for her to do.

Enjoy your cruise,

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Good day y'all,

we are scheduled for our first cruise in Feb 2013 (WCarib on MAGIC out of Galveston).

When I initially booked, I was assigned a PVP and he called me within about 48 hours, we traded an email or two, etc.

Well, now when I send an email to his same email address as before it comes back as a bad address. So, I am guessing he has moved on to some other postion somewhere.

Right now the cruise is paid for. All of our excursions are picked out and paid for. Our dinner time is selected.

So, do I need a PVP? What does a PVP do?

Thanks in advance,

Some people swear by them .Im my own personal vacation planner

I know I have a pvp but cannot find. His contact info. If I call the 800 number can the Rep who answers tell me who my pbp is and provide contact into?

They may be able to connect your booking number with a PVP if your booked.

Most but not all PVP come and go pretty fast.Im assuming the pay isnt that awesome or they would stay

Lol. I pretty much have been up to now but it would be nice to have a consistent person to go to with questions.

Ours is pretty good. He doesn't call to often. Knows what we like. When i find a price drop i fill out a form and give him a call. Works for me.

Have never had a PVP. Sure, I'll call up and do my reservations over the phone, but I've never been "assigned" a PVP. I call up and make my reservations, they may ask if I want automatic payment set up for my final payment date, which I usually say yes to so I don't have to remember. I'm never given a different number other than the generic carnival number or any email address for a PVP to stay in touch with them. If I have a question or need to do something else with my reservation, I just get back in touch with whoever answers the phone, give them my booking number, and they do what I am calling regarding.

cruise critic and google knows more than most PVP.Sad to say but its true

Yeah, but Google or Cruise Critic can't apply certain discounts that you may be elegible for and not even know it. They also don't work for Carnival directly, in case a major issue arises with your reservation. I've been cruising on Carnival since 1994 and after 13 cruises on them, I STILL find the assistance of our PVP extremely helpful.

We use a PVP because we qualify for an interline discount (which has saved us up to 50% off website rates!), and it can't be booked online. It has to be done through an agent who can verify eligibility requirements (that's where our PVP comes in). All of our credentials are already stored in his database so when we want to book a cruise, we place a call and within 10 minutes, it's all done! :)

We've gotten to know our PVP so well over the years that anytime we are in town, we get together (even when we are not cruising). He has met up with us on embarkation day for lunch and a personalized tour of the ship on the Liberty and the Dream. (wonder if Google can do that! ;)).

-0-

To the OP: PVP's won't even talk to you about your currently booked cruise since you already booked and paid for it. They are not getting paid to assist people who booked their cruise through other means. If you want a PVP for your next cruise, you'll need to book it through one.

Even though we have cruised with Carnival for years....

we still use a PVP.

He has come in handy.

For example, when we wanted to book a cruise last minute...the occupancy rate had been "frozen"....even quads were only accepting TWO people

(because so many folks had put 5 to a cabin on the Elation)

because there was still some "wiggle room".... he was able to get the occupancy "unfrozen" long enough to book our cabin for 4 and then it was frozen again.

Had I tried just booking this on line....I would have had to get 2 cabins!

Yeah, but Google or Cruise Critic can't apply certain discounts that you may be elegible for and not even know it. They also don't work for Carnival directly, in case a major issue arises with your reservation. I've been cruising on Carnival since 1994 and after 13 cruises on them, I STILL find the assistance of our PVP extremely helpful.

We use a PVP because we qualify for an interline discount (which has saved us up to 50% off website rates!), and it can't be booked online. It has to be done through an agent who can verify eligibility requirements (that's where our PVP comes in). All of our credentials are already stored in his database so when we want to book a cruise, we place a call and within 10 minutes, it's all done! :)

We've gotten to know our PVP so well over the years that anytime we are in town, we get together (even when we are not cruising). He has met up with us on embarkation day for lunch and a personalized tour of the ship on the Liberty and the Dream. (wonder if Google can do that! ;)).

-0-

To the OP: PVP's won't even talk to you about your currently booked cruise since you already booked and paid for it. They are not getting paid to assist people who booked their cruise through other means. If you want a PVP for your next cruise, you'll need to book it through one.

We dont have any special circumstances that require me to not just find the cruise we want, look at the deck plans for the cabin we want and use my credit card and just book it myself.I have never had the need to use one

We have had several, but they all move on fairly quickly so after losing the last one to promotion from within, I just gave up and call the main number and speak to the next rep available.It has worked fine that way and I don't have to wait for a call back since I usually always got voicemail.I just want to deal with the reason for calling and be done with it.Especially since I would often get my call back in the car or some other bad time to talk.

There are over 450 PVPs at Carnival. How many have you personally interacted with to make this sad but true statement?

I have interacted with a few .The ones that call me 6 times a day for a month when I go online to research on their website :)

Archived