Returning to CCL after 5 years - a few questions

toyotaford

We are bringing a group of employees on a cruise leaving on Sunday and they are asking some questions I have not had time to research and have not been on CCL for over 5 years so I need some help from the awesome Cruise Critic family. We will be on the Conquest leaving out of New Orleans.

1. Are there mini-fridges in balcony rooms?

2. Are you allowed to bring an ice chest?

3. Are nice shorts for men allowed in the dining rooms on any nights exept formal nights?

4. Are you allowed to bring on x-boxes (and it was an adult who ask this)

5. Will one of the dining rooms be open for lunch on embarkation day?

6. Are you allowed to bring a coffee pot on board?

Thanks for all your help. I may come back with more questions tomorrow.

Will answer what I can:

2. Are you allowed to bring an ice chest?

12x12x12 is the max size in carry-on or checked... but some Pack a collapsible cooler in checked luggage.

3. Are nice shorts for men allowed in the dining rooms on any nights exept formal nights?

Yes.

4. Are you allowed to bring on x-boxes (and it was an adult who ask this)

Yes.. but getting it to work with the TV may be tricky

We are bringing a group of employees on a cruise leaving on Sunday and they are asking some questions I have not had time to research and have not been on CCL for over 5 years so I need some help from the awesome Cruise Critic family. We will be on the Conquest leaving out of New Orleans.

1. Are there mini-fridges in balcony rooms? Yes

2. Are you allowed to bring an ice chest? Empty and small, the folding kind is best.

3. Are nice shorts for men allowed in the dining rooms on any nights exept formal nights? No, but jeans are.

4. Are you allowed to bring on x-boxes (and it was an adult who ask this)I was unable to hook up my iphone b/c you can't switch the AV input.

5. Will one of the dining rooms be open for lunch on embarkation day?

The Lido deck will have plenty to offer, not sure on the MDR

6. Are you allowed to bring a coffee pot on board? No, but that's not official. Thinking I read it in the Fire Safety. They will serve coffee on board.

On #5,

Dining room is closed on the day of embarkation and all port days.

I dont remember seeing you on the CC roll call .. I too am leaving on Sunday on conquest.

come join the roll call if you have not already.

Thanks for the invite. I will do that now. (Actually I just went and checked and I had joined it back in July)

Does anyone know if they will empty out the fridge if you want to store your own soft drinks in there?

Thanks for the invite. I will do that now.

Does anyone know if they will empty out the fridge if you want to store your own soft drinks in there?

They might just unlock it and you can move what you want to the top of the ridge over the desk, or the shelf in the closet. Its not that hard to move yourself.

Even if you get them to do it for you.. they dont move it very far, its still in the cabin.

(this hasnt changed since you last cruised, but perhaps you were only on the older ships that dont have refrigs)

Coffee Pots are not allowed. Coffee is available 24/7 at the Lido deck buffet or from room service for free. Room service is normally tipped for delivering it though. If you use room service, make sure you ask for cream and sugar if you use it. If you don't ask, they won't provide it.

To add to that question:

What about footwear when paired with shorts? I have nice sandals, but without socks I have a hunch that my bare feet in sandals isn't going to be well received in the MDR. And I'm not old enough to wear socks with sandals yet ;) .

Or would my nice clean running shoes with short socks be what's expected?

(Oh...My....God....I'm starting to sound like a woman! :D )

To add to that question:

What about footwear when paired with shorts? I have nice sandals, but without socks I have a hunch that my bare feet in sandals isn't going to be well received in the MDR. And I'm not old enough to wear socks with sandals yet ;) .

Anything other than rubber flip flops works on Carnival these days.

long shorts.. says dress shorts, not short shorts that dont cover you behind sitting on the chairs.

I wear shorts to the MDR on embarkation day because we don't always get our luggage in time to dress and we eat early, about 545, Also on port days, it is more casual as well. I don't wear sandals, but I wear tennis shoes and short socks when I wear shorts. I used to wear a tux on "formal night" , but now I don't even take it. I wear black pants and nice dress shirt on "elegant night" and kackis and button up shirts on other nights. But that's just me.

To add to that question:

DH wears leather top siders with his dress shorts in the dining room, no socks. I think he probably has worn nice tennis shoes too, very short socks. You'll be fine, Carnival has gotten even more casual than you probably remember.

To add to that question:

What about footwear when paired with shorts? I have nice sandals, but without socks I have a hunch that my bare feet in sandals isn't going to be well received in the MDR. And I'm not old enough to wear socks with sandals yet.

I wear shorts to the MDR on embarkation day because we don't always get our luggage in time to dress and we eat early, about 545, Also on port days, it is more casual as well. I don't wear sandals, but I wear tennis shoes and short socks when I wear shorts. I used to wear a tux on "formal night" , but now I don't even take it. I wear black pants and nice dress shirt on "elegant night" and kackis and button up shirts on other nights. But that's just me.

DH wears leather top siders with his dress shorts in the dining room, no socks. I think he probably has worn nice tennis shoes too, very short socks. You'll be fine, Carnival has gotten even more casual than you probably remember.

The only thing that matters is that the item of clothing in question be "nice". Needless to say, we all know what that means.

Archived