Squeezing in two excursions?

Ellusionz

I'm preplanning for a cruise some friends and I are thinking about taking. I've done cruises and been in GC before, my friends have not. So I found two things that would be really fun to do and neither can agree on! LOL. Stingray city is a must and I figure the shortest time wasted would be taking it with the jetskis (approximately 2 hours and a half I think with travel time?). Question to anyone who's done this, I've found a couple places online that are $125 (Fatfish & Ebanks). But Island Marketing is $95. I always thought the business itself vs using a tour company would be cheaper. Is this the same type of tour, will I be getting worse service trying to save some money?

The other thing I mentioned to them was horseback riding in the beach (and in the water). Ride itself is about two hours and I'm going to assume 30 minutes travel time for them also? This is with Pampered Ponies who I've read had great reviews compared to Coral Stone. I also found another stable, Nikki's, thru reading this board but I don't know yet if riding with her is just on the beach or can be also done in the water. Anyone who has experience with these please let me know :)

If scheduling goes good, Carnival should be in dock 10am to 6pm (so 8 hours), is it feasible to do both? Has anyone done either or both tours and know how flexible they are with their scheduling for customers wanting to do something like this? Thanks for any information y'all can give me.

You should have time to do both....you'll need to be ON the ship's tender 30 mins. prior to the stated sailaway time.

I'd go online and check out the private tour companies...I'm sure there's a way to contact them directly. Be sure to find out where you need to meet them...it's generally near the dock.

If either are a ship's excursion, you will have no time worries....they take you from the ship and return you there, unless otherwise stated.

Definitely take the Fat Fish tour, if you take their 1PM tour it lasts 4 hrs and you pay the same price as the 2 hr tour. They will get you back to the dock on time, just contact them to coordinate.

The tour includes an interesting tour on the way to the jet skis, then take off through the mangroves, and you will spend time at the reef, Starfish Point, Stingray Sandbar, and Rum Point where you can buy a great lunch. Best outfit we've used. We spent 10 days on GCM 2 weeks ago and every local we talked to after taking the tour said they are the best, including the concierge at our hotel who doesn't offer their tour.

We can't recommend that one enough -Peter andvRichard are excellent. Very personal and they ensure you get 1 on 1 time with the rays and starfish. And it's a small group as well.

They will pick you up where you tender and return you in plenty of time for your return tender.

Archived