email

AndyPanda

Never used email on ship before.

How does it work? Computer only, or IPad also?

When do I sign up. Can I make arrangements now?

How much is it? Different packages?

Thanks, Andy

You can use their computer, bring your laptop or an iPad. You register on one of their computers on the ship. You can set it up at that time for your laptop or iPad. There are different packages or pay each time. Packages are cheaper. I don't remember the cost. We get free Internet in our repeat passenger package so don't notice the cost.

You do it on the ship. The connection is quite slow, tho...it's not going to be like on land...think "dial-up" speeds!

Cost starts at $.65 per minute, and goes down the larger package of mins. you purchase. If you are a repeat passenger with RCI, you should get a coupon for either a discount or $5-10 off internet...something like that.

We used the ship's computers 3 times to check e-mail from our business....the cost was around $30 or so.

Never used email on ship before.

How does it work? Computer only, or IPad also?

When do I sign up. Can I make arrangements now?

How much is it? Different packages?

Thanks, Andy

You can take your own computer with you, but will still have to establish an account using one of the computers on the ship. Once you have established a user ID and password, you are free to use your own computer.

You can sign up for an Internet Package once on the ship. Information is available at Guest Relations.

INTERNET CHARGES

The current fee is $.65 per minute

Pre-Paid Internet Packages:

$ 35 = 60 minutes or 58 cents a minute

$ 55 = 100 minutes or 55 cents a minute

$ 75 = 150 minutes or 50 cents a minute

$100 = 250 minutes or 40 cents a minute

$150 = 500 minutes or 30 cents a minute

If you will just be checking email, I suggest that you download all of your mail to your computer....then log off of their computer. Go anywhere and read your mail, draft your replies, etc. and then log back on to send them. Saves a lot of time @ $0.65/min.

You do it on the ship. The connection is quite slow, tho...it's not going to be like on land...think "dial-up" speeds!

Cost starts at $.65 per minute, and goes down the larger package of mins. you purchase. If you are a repeat passenger with RCI, you should get a coupon for either a discount or $5-10 off internet...something like that.

We used the ship's computers 3 times to check e-mail from our business....the cost was around $30 or so.

If I'm thinking dial up, it's not slow.

Archived