Quad cabin

Luvsprincess

Why would they give a quad cabin to a single occupant?
If you're referring to a GTY assignment, there could be a number of possibilities. One is if it's close to sailing date, another is if most other GTY's have been assigned, another could be that the maximum number of passengers in a section has been reached. Lots of reasons.

There's no reason why a single can't book or be assigned a quad. After all, they're likely paying twice as much with a 100% single penalty. No difference between a single or a couple booking or being assigned a quad.

My son was sailing as a solo and we wanted him in the same general location that we were. I explained this to a Princess agent and she placed him in a quad a few cabins away from us.

As it turned out, he's not sailing solo any more. A friend was able to take vacation and is going with us. Another friend is trying to get time off also.

Even though you have only two people in a cabin that sleeps four, Princess won't always let you had additional people to it. Sometimes they've reached capacity for the ship. Princess doesn't try to utilize every available berth like it seemed like Carnival did on our spring break cruise.

Even though you have only two people in a cabin that sleeps four, Princess won't always let you had additional people to it. Sometimes they've reached capacity for the ship. Princess doesn't try to utilize every available berth like it seemed like Carnival did on our spring break cruise.

FYI Celebrity doesn't either, for those that may be interested...

I am Platinum on Carnival, and used to this practice, but last year DH and I booked Celebrity for the first time.

I made the booking with an in-house Celebrity agent while viewing their deckplan online. I wanted a midship balcony. One she suggested was a quad. I asked if we ran the risk of being booted if Celebrity needed that room for four (like CCL does). She was like, "No, we don't do that to our guests."

Archived