Question re AA flight in Dec.??

alexandra cruiser

Not sure IF I should be concerned about AA flight I have booked in Dec.from Orlando to Chicago for ongoing flight to Vietnam? I booked thru internet agency,,,if AA flights changed or cancelled...(never had this happen) do they automatically get a new one?Do I have to check with airline myself?

Fear it may be cancelled and I ll not be able to get to river cruise ,,luckily I did get travel insurance,but did get flight on own and have river cruise company insurance.Am I worrying unessarily???:confused::confused:

Not sure IF I should be concerned about AA flight I have booked in Dec.from Orlando to Chicago for ongoing flight to Vietnam? I booked thru internet agency,,,if AA flights changed or cancelled...(never had this happen) do they automatically get a new one?Do I have to check with airline myself?

Fear it may be cancelled and I ll not be able to get to river cruise ,,luckily I did get travel insurance,but did get flight on own and have river cruise company insurance.Am I worrying unessarily???:confused::confused:

No, you are not worrying needlessly. You should never count on anyone notifying you about schedule changes. Did you ever log into AA and make sure this ticket was issued?

Do you have your confirmation number with AA? I check my reservations on a regular basis so I can catch any changes. If you have an AAdvantage number you can log in that way or just choose the "continue without logging in" option. Log into AA here:

http://www.aa.com/homePage.do

If you don't have the confirmation number, you'll need to call whomever you booked with and get it. Are you connecting to another AA flight? Is this on two separate tickets, or one ticket?

OP, you need to provide more information before anyone can give much of an opinion. Most importantly, are the two flights on the same airline or do you have two separate tickets on two separate airlines (that is always very risky unless you have a lot of wiggle room built in; if the first flight is delayed enough that you miss the second flight, your tickets for the second flight might be cancelled). Does the cruise leave the same day as your flight arrives? How many hours after your flight is scheduled to arrive does the cruise depart? How long is your connection in Chicago for your other flight? Is the second flight also American Airlines, or if not, what airline?

I agree with the other poster that you should be vigilant and not depend on the airline or travel agency notifying you of any changes. Periodically check the flight information on the airline(s) website.

As for travel insurance, there are tons of different policies and they vary greatly in what they do and do not cover (and how much relief they provide). It is possible your policy will cover flight delays/cancellations causing you to miss the cruise, it is possible they will provide limited coverage or it is possible they will provide no coverage - you need to read the policy and contact the insurance company if you still have questions on this topic.

will check on my own,,,and yes, do have confirmation # for both AA flight and ongoing Asiana,,arrive in Chicago and leave 3hrs.after,,so a little wiggle room.Do have 2 separate tickets(e tickets).

Do have flight cancellation portion,,,just trying to avoid missing trip..was really worried about AA bankruptcy and possible strikes???Arrive in Hanoi 3 days before cruise begins,,but would miss portion on city tours,,etc.

Just afraid,,since its Dec.24,,any last minute changes would affect my ability to book a last minute tickets..since business xmas season.

If you remember back to the LOOOONNNGGG threads on getting to this point, you'll know that was pointed out.

And of course, we have the wonderful refrain of "I have insurance".

No, there are so many.

Hopefully, there will not be a thread on the insurance forum here in a few months complaining that insurance did not cover this trip when the second flight was missed because the first flight was delayed.

and looked for alternative,,,if necessary,,will book on another airline..and just lose the $500 . Rather lose that,,than trip..

Did call AA,,,of course,,they said,,,still flying and would get me on another flight,,,if....but plan to have back up..

Know what you mean about insurance,,and NO,,not another thread....if they can avoid paying,,they will.Joys of travel,,,I guess??:confused:

Archived