Priceline 2 and 3 Star Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

onebzemom

Wanting to know if anyone has bid on these hotels. Usually you only read about the 4 and 5 Star hotels.

Normally we don't stay in a fancy hotel. Comfort/Quality Inn are comfortable for us. Last cruise we decided to try Priceline and treat ourselves and get a really nice hotel in Tampa. Boy were we surprised! They charged extra for Internet ($10.00 a day), no coffee in room. Had to ask for Iron. With two beds in room and a large corporate desk, there was no room to walk around. The toilet seat had to be lifted in the up position in order to open the door all the way. (Surprise for me during the night.) Also we were charged for parking. ($10.00 day) Restaurant on-site was very expensive. So much for our 'Treat' and saving money with Priceline.

I am going to try for a 2 or 3 Star Hotel on Priceline. The hotels listed said Internet and parking are free. Hot or Continental Breakfast is offered and free. Also, some offer transfer to port. Some even have a evening social. Most of the hotels listed are chains we are familiar with.

I am looking at three areas. Downtown, Airport and Hollywood.

So I am hoping someone can share their experience and/or information.

thanks in advance

The OP is asking about bidding on hotels on Priceline where amenities and hotel chains are listed. You don't have to bid on those hotels. You just agree to the price that is listed. The Name Your Own Price tab is where you bid, and you are only given the area and the stars.

I tried to bid on a Ft Lauderdale hotel and I wasn't successful. I started to look for chain I stay with before and found a 2 star La Quinta for $58.50 a night. The motel is 1 mile from the beach 12 miles from the airport with free breakfast, free internet and free parking. I hope it's nice.

I always ask for the 4 star and bid low. I got Westin in Feb. for $142.00.

I forgot to bid lower than that and hit the send button too fast. I might of

gotten it lowered. Don't go for the 2 star because you could end up in a

dump. And to me a safe neighborhood means alot.

I tried to bid on a Ft Lauderdale hotel and I wasn't successful. I started to look for chain I stay with before and found a 2 star La Quinta for $58.50 a night. The motel is 1 mile from the beach 12 miles from the airport with free breakfast, free internet and free parking. I hope it's nice.

That sounds like the LQ in northeast Fort Lauderdale on N Federal Hwy near Commercial Blvd?

JohninDC--I spent time reading both on the Sticky and in Betterbidding. Both have very little information on 2-3 Star bids. Most people seem to want the 4 Star hotels. I am more interested in the Amenities you get with the 2-3 Stars. I have stayed at many of these chains and I am very happy with the accomondations.

royalcruz--I am trying Name your own price. I realize I am bidding for a Hotel in a zone. But they also list the hotels you might get. It gives you an idea what is available. Many of the 2-3 Star hotels per Trip Advisor are full with cruisers. I was hoping others here on CC would post their wins and comments. Again, most people post about the 4 Stars.

Rocketlady--Some of these 2-3 Star hotels are in the same area of the 4 stars.

I'm still researchng. We've got a reservation at La Quinta on N. 26th in Hollywood already booked. I just thought I could get a hotel a lot cheaper via Priceline.

May not help you much, but I just won the Ocean Sky hotel, which is under fll beach hotels.

I had been bidding 3.5 and 4 star for $70-85with no luck.

Like you we are ok with choice hotels, and since we wont be arriving till after 6 pm, I decided to drop to 3 star as I didn't want to go any higher.

Bid 3 star, downtown area first, $77 ( plus $7 bonus bucks for liking Priceline on fb). Was rejected, so I added fll beach area and bid $78. Was accepted at the Ocean Sky.

Taxi from airport and to port may run just a little more. Maybe I should have tried Hollywood or airport area first. However, with being on the beach, we know we can walk to restaurants and the cvs on Friday night and not need the taxi then.

Wanting to know if anyone has bid on these hotels. Usually you only read about the 4 and 5 Star hotels.

Normally we don't stay in a fancy hotel. Comfort/Quality Inn are comfortable for us. Last cruise we decided to try Priceline and treat ourselves and get a really nice hotel in Tampa. Boy were we surprised! They charged extra for Internet ($10.00 a day), no coffee in room. Had to ask for Iron. With two beds in room and a large corporate desk, there was no room to walk around. The toilet seat had to be lifted in the up position in order to open the door all the way. (Surprise for me during the night.) Also we were charged for parking. ($10.00 day) Restaurant on-site was very expensive. So much for our 'Treat' and saving money with Priceline.

I am going to try for a 2 or 3 Star Hotel on Priceline. The hotels listed said Internet and parking are free. Hot or Continental Breakfast is offered and free. Also, some offer transfer to port. Some even have a evening social. Most of the hotels listed are chains we are familiar with.

I am looking at three areas. Downtown, Airport and Hollywood.

So I am hoping someone can share their experience and/or information.

thanks in advance

I also got the Ocean Sky. I was bidding 3.5 and 4 stars and wasn't getting anywhere. Decided to add 3 stars, then had to add another area. I tried to remove the 3 stars but it wouldn't let me. Ended up with Ocean Sky for $90.00

I always ask for the 4 star and bid low. I got Westin in Feb. for $142.00.

I forgot to bid lower than that and hit the send button too fast. I might of

gotten it lowered. Don't go for the 2 star because you could end up in a

dump. And to me a safe neighborhood means alot.

Which Westin?

royalcruz--I am trying Name your own price. I realize I am bidding for a Hotel in a zone. But they also list the hotels you might get. It gives you an idea what is available. Many of the 2-3 Star hotels per Trip Advisor are full with cruisers. I was hoping others here on CC would post their wins and comments. Again, most people post about the 4 Stars.

Rocketlady--Some of these 2-3 Star hotels are in the same area of the 4 stars.

I'm still researchng. We've got a reservation at La Quinta on N. 26th in Hollywood already booked. I just thought I could get a hotel a lot cheaper via Priceline.

You REALLY have to go to betterbidding.com and find the list for hotels PL uses for Ft.L in that star level. Priceline lists "sample" brands you MIGHT get, but trust us when we say there is a big chance you will get something totally different. :eek:

Yes there are many cruisers staying in 2 and 3 star hotels. Because the rates are naturally low, they often book thru the hotel site or basic sites. Not taking a big chance on PL.

Also know that Hollywood is a longer cab fare to the port and airport... twice what you'd pay if staying in Ft.L. Can wipe out savings if staying at some of those hotels.

Since you are particular on what you get, I surely wouldn't use PL. Try looking at hotwire and by using the hotel list for HW on the bidding site mentioned, you'll see which hotel you are most likely accepting.

When you look too hard for bargains in the 2-3 star categories, you are upping your chances of getting something you won't feel good about. Book something you want and can live with rather than taking a chance.

Archived