Summit - Aqua vs Suite - how much of an upgrade?

Xcitdcruiser

Hi cruisers!

Thanks to CC i've seen an special offer for with free OBC for new bookings.

I was originally looking to book an A1 due to cost - the difference between Aqua & a Suite is $290. probably wouldn't pay for it....

But the offer states you get $300 OBC (say $150 pp). Which brings the difference down to $140 - Suite guests appear to have one specialty dinner included (which we would probably do anyway) so that's another $40 which brings the difference to $100 pp.

Which isn't very much.... this sounds like a good deal to me, but is it too good to be true, am i missing something?

Special finishes up today, any comments woudl be appreciated!!

Hi cruisers!

I was originally looking to book an A1 due to cost - the difference between Aqua & a Suite is $290. probably wouldn't pay for it....

But the offer states you get $300 OBC (say $150 pp). Which brings the difference down to $140 - Suite guests appear to have one specialty dinner included (which we would probably do anyway) so that's another $40 which brings the difference to $100 pp.

Which isn't very much.... this sounds like a good deal to me, but is it too good to be true, am i missing something?

The dinner is for two, that's up to $80. The offer also includes gratuties so the Butler would be covered. You can still dine in Blu at no cost if space is available. It usually is. For me it would be a no brainer.

Oh my, I think i am excited. I cannot see where it mentions the grats - could you please point me in the right direction?

I may add that these amounts are in AUD & do not include taxes (or grats!)

Celebrity is running a 48 hour sale that includes OBC and gratuties. You might want to just check one of the online agents for prices and details. This offer ends tomorrow night unless it is extended. Offer is limited to Alaska and Bermuda, but you didn't indicate your destination so I hope it works.Good luck.

Just noticed that you're from one of my favorite palces, Australia. Don't know if offers would be available to you. They may just be for the US market, but costs nothing to check.

Yes, good ol' Australia. Just spoken with Celebrity & they were saying it wasn't available despite me having the info on the screen in front of me in AUS$$. She eventually came back & said that the sale will be worldwide from 23 -29 Sep. So it gives me a little more time to think (not required!) & speak to my toher half ....(required...).

The free grats, is that a Celebrity offer or agent?

Yes, good ol' Australia. Just spoken with Celebrity & they were saying it wasn't available despite me having the info on the screen in front of me in AUS$$. She eventually came back & said that the sale will be worldwide from 23 -29 Sep. So it gives me a little more time to think (not required!) & speak to my toher half ....(required...).

The free grats, is that a Celebrity offer or agent?

believe that's from Celebrity. Once again, good luck!

Hi cruisers!

I would go for a suite in a minute. You can also dine in Blu if you have a suite, and that is the best thing about aqua class. You will have more amenities in a suite. The only negative might be if it is a guarantee. We had a suite guarantee once and lucky we had a good location and wonderful butler.

I would go for a suite in a minute. You can also dine in Blu if you have a suite, and that is the best thing about aqua class. You will have more amenities in a suite. The only negative might be if it is a guarantee. We had a suite guarantee once and lucky we had a good location and wonderful butler.

Thank you for your response. The sale has been extended 'worldwide' & until this weekend. I've decided for an S1 (6145) rather than S2 & confirmed that can be booked, & awaiting for a few quotes back for the lowest fare. But still looking to be only a diff of $100. Doesn't sound like I am missing else..... Hopefully will post shortly announcing i will officially be cruising!

Thank you for your response. The sale has been extended 'worldwide' & until this weekend. I've decided for an S1 (6145) rather than S2 & confirmed that can be booked, & awaiting for a few quotes back for the lowest fare. But still looking to be only a diff of $100. Doesn't sound like I am missing else..... Hopefully will post shortly announcing i will officially be cruising!

You really lucked out as 6145 is the best suite available in that class (other than 6146 of course). Definitely worth the extra $

You really lucked out as 6145 is the best suite available in that class (other than 6146 of course). Definitely worth the extra $

Thank you! I haven't booked yet as i'm trying to figure out whether my passport will state me maiden name or new married name! - apparently this information is required as they charge for 'name changes'

Both 6145 & 6146 are available, is there any difference between the two?

ps. i really enjoyed reading you review - it kept me entertained for days :)

pps. i've posted a gratuities question in this forum, if you have the time would you be able to share your wisdom?

Grab either 6145 or 6146 if you can. They are both the same, just different sides of the ship. They are decorated like the Penthouse with the dark woods, marble and huge bathrooms with a separate shower and bath tub.

Welcome to cruising by the way since this will be your first. You've picked a great ship and of course the suite life will get you spoiled for sure. My first cruise with Celebrity was on the Summit. We fell in love with it and the service and food. At that time we cruised in Concierge Class. Next time we went for Aqua on the Eclipse and then last year we got upgraded to a sky suite. I am really spoiled now. :D:D

As far as tips, I would leave them prepaid. You do not tip extra every time your butler does something for you. Their tips are included. What we do is give extra the last day to the ones who gave us good service, such as the butler, cabin steward, waiter, etc. How much you tip is up to you. Some people like to tip the butler on the first day, so that's just a matter of personal choice.

Have fun on your cruise.

Grab either 6145 or 6146 if you can. They are both the same, just different sides of the ship. They are decorated like the Penthouse with the dark woods, marble and huge bathrooms with a separate shower and bath tub.

Welcome to cruising by the way since this will be your first. You've picked a great ship and of course the suite life will get you spoiled for sure. My first cruise with Celebrity was on the Summit. We fell in love with it and the service and food. At that time we cruised in Concierge Class. Next time we went for Aqua on the Eclipse and then last year we got upgraded to a sky suite. I am really spoiled now. :D:D

As far as tips, I would leave them prepaid. You do not tip extra every time your butler does something for you. Their tips are included. What we do is give extra the last day to the ones who gave us good service, such as the butler, cabin steward, waiter, etc. How much you tip is up to you. Some people like to tip the butler on the first day, so that's just a matter of personal choice.

Have fun on your cruise.

Thank you - seeing it will be our honeymoon i thought we needed to splurge. We originally wanted Aqua Class for the little 'extras' (incl Blu) but this offer was has come up & its only about $90 diff between AQ & an S1. It's difficult to say no! And seeing as the cruise is only in 2014 - i'd be suprised if those cabins WEREN'T available.

In terms of tips, i will leave them on. After advice received on CC i will tip at teh end of the cruise for those that have provided exceptional service. Just waiting on final quotes before locking it all in - very excited!!

Does anyone know if this offer has been extended in the US and Canada?

I called Celebrity but CVP said that this offer was terminated on Friday, September 20th.

When i enquired at the Australian Celebrity office they said it was 'worldwide' but i think that may have meant it applies to Australians travelling worldwide. (there was the same offer the week prior but for australians it only applied to sailings departing australia).

I have since been getting quotes & 9 out of 10 TA's were not even aware of this sale & had to check with management. I would recommend calling Celebrity & speaking to someone different. It's worth a try.

When i enquired at the Australian Celebrity office they said it was 'worldwide' but i think that may have meant it applies to Australians travelling worldwide. (there was the same offer the week prior but for australians it only applied to sailings departing australia).

I have since been getting quotes & 9 out of 10 TA's were not even aware of this sale & had to check with management. I would recommend calling Celebrity & speaking to someone different. It's worth a try.

You are right there, it is always worth trying someone else at Celebrity shoreside :). I just thought I would post it here before I try again, as I find CC to be an excellent source of information, and I will know a bit better whether I should press my case with Celebrity.

It was a good offer, and I'm sorry I didn't book in the first place.

I'm glad that you took advantage of it though!

Archived