wine with dinner

phileas fog

Good evening.

My wife and I are going on our first Cunard cruise on the 4th of November,just wondering if they offer a carafe as in 500 ml of wine at dinner,rather than a bottle,as Mrs Fog does not drink a lot and i dont really want to have a whole bottle with my dinner as I also like a little drink before and somewhere afterwards.

Good evening.

My wife and I are going on our first Cunard cruise on the 4th of November,just wondering if they offer a carafe as in 500 ml of wine at dinner,rather than a bottle,as Mrs Fog does not drink a lot and i dont really want to have a whole bottle with my dinner as I also like a little drink before and somewhere afterwards.

Hi, you can order wine by the glass or, as has been suggested above, they will keep the bottle of wine for a second night.

I've done the latter on many occasions.

Hope this helps, are you on QM2?

Bon Voyage! :) .

Good evening.

I hope you enyoy your upcoming cruise. On our recent QM2 and QE voyages wine was available at dinner by the glass, either 150ml or 250ml.

Burgee

Good evening.

For us, the best option is to order a bottle of wine and drink what you want. If you can't finish it, they will recork it and save it for the next night's dinner.

Thankyou for the info folks,getting excited about this cruise as its first time on Cunard.

You'll have a fantastic time.

They're very proficient at constantly refilling your glass (from the bottle you purchase) so don't be afraid to let them know if you a more sedate drinker, like I am.

They're very proficient at constantly refilling your glass (from the bottle you purchase)
I've noted this, they are very efficient (I've also noted how much more the ship rolls after dinner than before, I wish they'd head for calmer waters as I head for the Commodore Club ;) ).

Do they allow you to take your unfinished bottle with you to the Commodore Club to enjoy after dinner to enjoy there? Or, is it taboo for one to be seen asking for a doggy bag......

I'm sure you will outrage many by suggesting that! Even I flinched a little at the thought.

Novel idea, but how many who've had one too many might spill red all over the beautiful carpets or drop bottles down stairs etc.

Plus, I always thought one progressed from pre dinner martinis and champagne, to wine with dinner, followed by post dinner ports and a nightcap of brandy or scotch in the smoking lounge!

Do they allow you to take your unfinished bottle with you to the Commodore Club to enjoy after dinner to enjoy there? Or, is it taboo for one to be seen asking for a doggy bag......

I don't think that's a good look for anyone...wandering the corridors with an open bottle of alcohol in a brown paper bag. You'll give yourself a bad reputation; people will start talking.."who does she think she is" they say as you sashay past, drinking your bottle of wine with a straw.

I don't think that's a good look for anyone...wandering the corridors with an open bottle of alcohol in a brown paper bag. You'll give yourself a bad reputation; people will start talking.."who does she think she is" they say as you sashay past, drinking your bottle of wine with a straw.

This is completely unacceptable on a Cunard ship.

The transport of alcohol from one venue to another should only be performed by a trained professional, such as a wine steward or butler, having been liberally tipped for the purpose.

Penalty: Drinking a Jeroboam of Pol Acker.

Archived