Live from the Coral Princess-Upgrade fairy hits my mom!

AKman2495

I am so glad to see your thread!!

I am on the Coral on 10/14. Taking the ship the other way fron FLL to LA.

And very excited to see that your Mom got an upgrade. I have my fingers crossed!! I am in an obstructed oceanview and would love it if I got upgraded.

Thanks for posting!! :D

The good thing about the Coral (and Island) is that the forward end of the Promenade is enclosed so you don't have the winds hit you full force as you walk up the stairs forward to the short portion of the Promenade on the Emerald deck on the Grand class ships :)

Coral layout makes me crazy. Explorers is not where it's supposed to be and gym is in the back instead of the front. We usually book forward as to be closer to the gym in the AM and further from the food at all times. I still love the ship anyway. Actually, I love every ship. :D

If possible could you check what type of spin bikes they have in the gym? Looking to see if they are actual "spinners" made by Star Trac! I can use my bike shoes on these bikes and will pack them if the ship has these bikes! THANK YOU!!

Hope you cruise continues to be great!

The patter errors were hilarious - the best was the notion that the Lions Gate Bridge connects Vancouver Island to the rest of BC.

E

I liked the one that said after pasing the bridge the Coral would take a Northerly course to Los Angeles!!!

Well, it's the last sea day before Costa Rica. My DD said we would go crazy with 5 sea days. I can honestly say that I have been quite busy and have had a hard time finding a few quiet minutes to read or relax. So, no, 5 sea days is not torture...

I am glad to be getting to Costa Rica, though as the view is getting a little monotinous. Today is beautiful. Did our 6 laps around the prominade iwith a bright blue sky and a deep blue sea all around..

We do have a stiff breeze today -about 24 kts. But, it is not so bad. Seas are slight. Looking forward to a little lunch is a bit and then movies-they are showing Casablanca in the afternoon and Indiana Jones and the lost Ark tonight on the MUTS.

As for the spin bikes, I have not seen them when I visited the health center. ..

More later:)

Well, it's the last sea day before Costa Rica. My DD said we would go crazy with 5 sea days. I can honestly say that I have been quite busy and have had a hard time finding a few quiet minutes to read or relax. So, no, 5 sea days is not torture...

I am glad to be getting to Costa Rica, though as the view is getting a little monotinous. Today is beautiful. Did our 6 laps around the prominade iwith a bright blue sky and a deep blue sea all around..

We do have a stiff breeze today -about 24 kts. But, it is not so bad. Seas are slight. Looking forward to a little lunch is a bit and then movies-they are showing Casablanca in the afternoon and Indiana Jones and the lost Ark tonight on the MUTS.

As for the spin bikes, I have not seen them when I visited the health center. ..

More later:)

I give you credit doing laps around the promenade. I find it difficult running with wind in my face. Viva la treadmills! :)

DW and I don't smoke, but I looked for ashtrays on Lido deck and didn't see any on our three day Coastal. Is there smoking on the port side by the Lido Pool?

I heard that you have to ask for them, but as usual, there is smoking allowed on the port side.

I give you credit doing laps around the promenade. I find it difficult running with wind in my face. Viva la treadmills! :)

I find it tricky to walk with the wind in my face, but we do. my DW is used to mall walking and we prefer the outdoors. besides, the view does change as you move around the ship...:)

DW and I don't smoke, but I looked for ashtrays on Lido deck and didn't see any on our three day Coastal. Is there smoking on the port side by the Lido Pool?

The only people I saw smoking were on the prominade deck on the starboard side. I suppose people might be smoking on the Lido deck in the stern, but we never go there...

AKman.....better where you are than here....15 minutes of sun yesterday, more rain today and "they" are forecasting sleet for Sunday.....Wish I were there instead of the land of mud.....:)

Ha! Did our 6 laps today-light seas and pleasant temps. The sea was beautiful and we saw a rainbow off the starbord side and a nice sunrise off port. Morning temps are in the low 80's by afternoon, they hit 90ish.

Tomorrow it's the long embara village tour. Tonight it's formal night with the new menu. I only had a glance, but there are some provocitive selections....

Had a wonderul pasta for lunch:D

Try to stay warm. I am not looking forward to returning in a couple of weeks.....

It also changes while watching TV on the treadmill. :D

Technically true -and it can be quite pleasant-especially during a thunderstorm like we had later in the morning.

On the other hand, we say a couple of ships and a nice rainbow off the starboard side that were not visible from port.......

I guess it is 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other-but there is something to having the sea air filling your lungs as one walks....

Technically true -and it can be quite pleasant-especially during a thunderstorm like we had later in the morning.

On the other hand, we say a couple of ships and a nice rainbow off the starboard side that were not visible from port.......

I guess it is 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other-but there is something to having the sea air filling your lungs as one walks....

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I just can't handle the oncoming wind.

Ha! Did our 6 laps today-light seas and pleasant temps. The sea was beautiful and we saw a rainbow off the starbord side and a nice sunrise off port. Morning temps are in the low 80's by afternoon, they hit 90ish.

Tomorrow it's the long embara village tour. Tonight it's formal night with the new menu. I only had a glance, but there are some provocitive selections....

Had a wonderul pasta for lunch:D

Try to stay warm. I am not looking forward to returning in a couple of weeks.....

please let me know how you liked the Embera tour doing it next month Enjoy your cruise

I am so glad to see your thread!!

I am on the Coral on 10/14. Taking the ship the other way fron FLL to LA.

And very excited to see that your Mom got an upgrade. I have my fingers crossed!! I am in an obstructed oceanview and would love it if I got upgraded.

Thanks for posting!! :D

Have you gone to the site by Renmar that shows the views from the window of each cabin in OOV. this is my normal cabin selection and I choose very very carefully from the pictures and mark it NO UPgrade because there are some really bad cabins next to some really good cabins.

Anybody tried the "Only a different class" upgrade? (I don't know what they call it but won't take an upgrade unless it is a full category up)

please let me know how you liked the Embera tour doing it next month Enjoy your cruise

OK...the Embarra tour is not a close approximation of a rainforest experience-IT IS a rainforest experience. Of course, we started with a bus ride that lasted 1-1/2 hours. We got held up in traffic!

Next we drive to the end of this road and the driver gives us these cheap plastic ponchos to use to keep the spalsh of the boats off. I put mine in my pocket. My 85 yr old mother and I get into the canoe, whic is about 20 feet long and 2.5 ft wide. We go down this slough to a large lake, which we motor across at about 25-30 mph. In the middle of the lake it starts to pour. THe only good thing is I am waring my $3.00 Costa Rican hat I bought the day before-it really kept off the rain.

We get to a narrow river that is surrounded by jungle and it is shallow. It is still raining and then it starts to lightenign and thunder! Ifelt like Teddy Roosevelt in the Amazon.

We got to the village and into the dry hut and it was great. The natives are friendly and sweet.

After a wet ride back to the bus and a tender to the ship we were wet, tired and we had loved every minute of it.

Archived