Live from the Coral Princess-Upgrade fairy hits my mom!

AKman2495

OK, so We are on the Coral heading for the Panama Canal. The cruise has been wonderful so far. I have read many negative posts about how Princess is cutting back on the shows and the food etc. So far, I have seen none of that. The shows so far have run one hour and have been great. The food is to die for.

Ok, now comes the best part. My mom books an inside J on the Baja deck. A week before sailing, she is notified that she has an outside view on the plaza. She shows up at the dock and she finds out she now has a full balcony on the Caribe deck-mid ship!!!!! What's with that!

Pia, the coral is beautiful and the people are wonderful. You will love your cruise on the Coral.....

Wonderful upgrades for you and your Mom. And you are on a great ship. Last spring we sailed the Coral from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver, then mid summer we returned to the Coral for two weeks in Alaska. Food and service we found to be great, staff also. One of the friendliest ships we have sailed on. Enjoy your trip!

OK, so We are on the Coral heading for the Panama Canal. The cruise has been wonderful so far. I have read many negative posts about how Princess is cutting back on the shows and the food etc. So far, I have seen none of that. The shows so far have run one hour and have been great. The food is to die for.

Ok, now comes the best part. My mom books an inside J on the Baja deck. A week before sailing, she is notified that she has an outside view on the plaza. She shows up at the dock and she finds out she now has a full balcony on the Caribe deck-mid ship!!!!! What's with that!

Pia, the coral is beautiful and the people are wonderful. You will love your cruise on the Coral.....

Congrats to your mom and I know we will love the Coral. We've been on the Coral 4 times. But I'll bet anything that when we show up at the dock, we will have the exact same cabin we booked. :D

What a fantastic post. Congrats to your mom. A double upgrade and a fabulous one at that.

Enjoy your cruise!

OK, last night we had our first formal night. I was really surprised by the number of tuxes-cloae to 40%!

Went to see the show "motor city" had heard some bad things about it, but having never seen it before, I thought is was fine. We sae "Dance" on the way down from Vancouver and I though that was a tad better-especially since we also saw Jackie Wilsons's son -he did mo-town a lot better...

Just finished lunch-a nice bowl of pasta followed by double fudge chocolate cake.....I rolled myself over the internet cafe to type this...:D:D:D

walked 6 laps on the prominade this morning-it gets hot fast down here (we passed Cabo San Lucas during breakfast-had a great view from the dining room windows...

Well, back to the cruise more later.....

OK, last night we had our first formal night. I was really surprised by the number of tuxes-cloae to 40%!

Went to see the show "motor city" had heard some bad things about it, but having never seen it before, I thought is was fine. We sae "Dance" on the way down from Vancouver and I though that was a tad better-especially since we also saw Jackie Wilsons's son -he did mo-town a lot better...

Just finished lunch-a nice bowl of pasta followed by double fudge chocolate cake.....I rolled myself over the internet cafe to type this...:D:D:D

walked 6 laps on the prominade this morning-it gets hot fast down here (we passed Cabo San Lucas during breakfast-had a great view from the dining room windows...

Well, back to the cruise more later.....

Obviously the thread last month about Motor City being gone wasn't accurate. I'd recommend the 'On the Bayou' production show performed only in the Coral/Island's Universe Lounge which we enjoyed on the Island in May. :)

Obviously the thread last month about Motor City being gone wasn't accurate. I'd recommend the 'On the Bayou' production show performed only in the Coral/Island's Universe Lounge which we enjoyed on the Island in May. :)

That was me, Frank. I was told that Motor City was being phased out. Obviously not completely. Now I still have that one to look forward to. Or not. :(

That was me, Frank. I was told that Motor City was being phased out. Obviously not completely. Now I still have that one to look forward to. Or not. :(
The Coral apparently had Motor City, Dance and On the Bayou in Alaska. We were told on our three day Coastal that they were bringing on two more shows in LA but they didn't say which ones. Apparently they will be using all five on the 14 day Panama Canal cruises. I believe on the Coral Motor City is actually performed in the Princess Theater and the staging is slightly different there FWIW.

The Coral apparently had Motor City, Dance and On the Bayou in Alaska. We were told on our three day Coastal that they were bringing on two more shows in LA but they didn't say which ones. Apparently they will be using all five on the 14 day Panama Canal cruises. I believe on the Coral Motor City is actually performed in the Princess Theater and the staging is slightly different there FWIW.

I'm willing to take a peek just to see if anything is different. We're really looking forward to seeing the new On the Bayou show.

I'm willing to take a peek just to see if anything is different. We're really looking forward to seeing the new On the Bayou show.

We enjoyed 'On the Bayou' & hope you will also. ;)

There were a number of errors in the Patters for our three day Coastal on the Coral. The most disappointing error was in the Embarkation Patter where it listed On the Bayou as one part of the entertainment we would see. Unfortunately that was incorrect and the only show on our cruise was Dance :(

There were a number of errors in the Patters for our three day Coastal on the Coral. The most disappointing error was in the Embarkation Patter where it listed On the Bayou as one part of the entertainment we would see. Unfortunately that was incorrect and the only show on our cruise was Dance :(

I cannot stand that show. They used to call it "Do you Wanna Dance" and maybe think if they change the name people will love it. They won't.

Frank: I heard On the Bayou is wonderful and have been looking forward to it since I booked this cruise.

I cannot stand that show. They used to call it "Do you Wanna Dance" and maybe think if they change the name people will love it. They won't.

Frank: I heard On the Bayou is wonderful and have been looking forward to it since I booked this cruise.

That's why we thought we hadn't seen the show before but realized we had after is had started.

OK, I'm back. Just too busy to get on line yesterday. As for the shows, it was my understanding that "On the Bayou" would be on later in our cruise.

I see another thread on the new menues. I am not sure if they are new-just new formats. They still have many of the the same items, but they have removed the "anytime" category and have blended them into the menu. Frankly, I have been too busy enjoying EATING what is on the menu then losing sleep over how it is presented-but that's just me.:D

Today we did 6 laps on the prominade in 27 knot winds-a good way to wake up before breakfast.

Lots mopre to do today so I will be getting back to it. -later.

Today we did 6 laps on the prominade in 27 knot winds-a good way to wake up before breakfast.
The good thing about the Coral (and Island) is that the forward end of the Promenade is enclosed so you don't have the winds hit you full force as you walk up the stairs forward to the short portion of the Promenade on the Emerald deck on the Grand class ships :)

Archived