QM2 Queens grill Stateroom 9055

newtoit

What's wrong with 8129?

Where do I start? Suffice to say that it's not a room where you'd want to spend the night. Even the staff are wary of it, in fact so much so that they will only enter the room in pairs.

8129's reputation is so terrible, that its highly undesirable location is the least of Cunard's worries.

8129's reputation is so terrible, that its highly undesirable location is the least of Cunard's worries.
Not that undesirable... handy for one restaurant at least... and, if you're a gent, you have extensive restroom facilities via the connecting door... :eek: .

Not that undesirable... handy for one restaurant at least... and, if you're a gent, you have extensive restroom facilities via the connecting door... :eek: .

I did hear that on one occasion (after servicing 8129) the stewards forgot to lock the connecting door, apparently they were in a rush to get out.

Later that evening, confused guests who exited the public lavatories, via the wrong door, were astounded to find themselves suddenly standing in the middle of 8129.

Hi all, Anyone stayed in stateroom 9055 ? We have been allocated this from a guarantee booking for our TA crossing Oct 28th. Looks OK on the deckplan, but any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
I've not stayed in this cabin, but looking around the deck plan I can see no issues, you've no orange lifeboat below your balcony, and if I'm right, you're on an EB TA, so on the sunny side of the ship (if you get sun, I had one crossing with fog almost all the way :( ). Have a great time, Bon Voyage! :) .

Hi all, Anyone stayed in stateroom 9055 ? We have been allocated this from a guarantee booking for our TA crossing Oct 28th. Looks OK on the deckplan, but any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't stayed in that stateroom, but in one very close to it. Although it's a bit aft, it's better to be there than too far forward if it gets bumpy. Next year it will be reclassified as a Q5 from the current Q6, so it's a good deal. (As has been discussed previously, Cunard is redefining the definition of "midships" to go aft for many categories, not just the Grills.) As you can see from the deck plan it's close to the "D" stairs/lifts which makes for easy access to the QG restaurant and lounge.

We were in 9009 in 2010. You'l find the cabin to be quite large & very comfortable. There should be no real issues of "rocking" as you're further midship than we were. There's really no bad Q-suites at all. The ones on deck 11 are pretty far back, but then it's only a very short walk to the Grills deck & total relaxation.

Archived