Cancellation Of Infinity Hawaii May 25/2005

carolhe

We are booked on this cruise and understand it has now been cancelled....no call from our agent and no return to our call today. Can anyone verify if the cruise has been cancelled?

Thanks alot

Carol

10/2-Princess-West Carribean

9/3-Princess-Alaska

We were booked on this cruise, and received word from Celebrity last Friday that it was cancelled and they were refunding our deposit.

Vera Cruz - 6/68

Ecstasy - 10/93

Sensation - 5/94

Tropicale - 11/94

Soverign of the Seas - 5/96

Summit - 9/03

Zenith - 2/04

Constellation - 5/04

Summit - 10/04

Zenith - 1/05

Infinity - 5/05

So sorry to hear about your cruise. If I'm not mistaken, we were booked last year on this cruise and were told then that the cruise would be canceled. We could have sailed Royal Caribbean but didn't want to switch, friends of ours did and just got back from that cruise. We sailed Summit last March in place of that cruise. I didn't understand why they planned to sail on 5/5, canceled the trip and then re-scheduled the cruise after we'd changed. Celebrity should have to answer the question as to why they do this and so close to the sail dates but like all corporations they never do.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

Thanks everyone, I was able to confirm today that although our 'group booking' has not been notified yet, the cruise is cancelled. They offer either full refund, cruise to Alaska instead (did that last year) or cruise to Hawaii April 6th, same itinerary....which will be our choice whenever we are asked to make a choice. This is our first time with Celebrity and I will say, it's not a great way to start. It's interesting to hear that they may change their mind again before the sail date, guess we'll keep our eyes on that too. Hopefully this will turn out to be a good cruise regardless of this rocky start. Thanks again.

Carol

9/3-Princess-Alaska

According to the Celebrity web site the Infinity will be doing 2 12 night round trip San Fancisco-Inside Passage cruises May 16th and May 28th--then on June 9th it leaves San Francisco for the Inside Passage ending up in Vancouver, after which it will do 7 night cruises.

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

That's the information we have as well, I guess with it being so far in advance they have made a change to their schedule for repositioning. They had scheduled to do this last Hawaii cruise, ending in Vancouver and then starting the Alaska tours in early June, but now it appears they are doing the last run on April 6-17 ending in Ensenada and then starting the Alaska tours after that.

Carol

9/3-Princess-Alaska

carolhe:

If you go April 6th......join our roll call which is already on Page 7 or 8 started by cruisinsince75.......we have a great group already assembled.......I know you are dissapointed you won't get to go on your original date, but come join our fun on the Roll CAll boards.

Nordic Prince 8/88

Viking Serenade 3/93

Enchantment 3/01

Rhapsody 9/02

Splendour 4/03

Rhapsody, 9/03

Brilliance, 4/04

Until Our Caribbean Princess Cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;06;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Hawaii on Inifinity

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;4;6;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-1100

I got the notification last Friday from Celebrity. Looks like we're going to book the April cruise from Hawaii to Ensenada. We were hoping that friends who we're travelling with would have wanted to do the 12 night Alaska cruise. Oh well!

Anita

And now Infinity 2005!

Millennium 2003

Century 2002

Summit 2001

Century 2000

Zenith 1996

Horizon 1994

Horizon 1993

Sunward 1992

Star Princess 1990

Maxim Gorky 1974 & 1975

Hi Anita,

So have we. I will be getting my reservation number tomorrow and will register with the CC party shortly thereafter.

At the very beginning we had reservations for the 6th of April 2005 Hawaii to Ensanada cruise but upon finding out that there was also one going to Vancouver, we cancelled that one and booked the Vancouver one. You know how that story ended.

I got to correspond with people on that cruise, like Isujim, Ho, Cruisingsince75 and others. They are a fun bunch and I will inform them of my return tomorrow when our reservation is confirmed. Happy you will also be aboard. Will your friends book that one also?

My wife and I have decided to spend a whole week in Honolulu just before that cruise because 1) we deserve it and 2) we want this Hawaii dream to last a long long time. We will deal with Ensanada when the time comes !!!!

Talk to you soon.

Otima:

Didn't realize that was the cruise you had booked when you cancelled the first one. First let me say how sorry I am. That happened to us this September on the Millenium which led us to this Hawaii cruise.

The good news is you are back and we really look forward to sailing with you. Hope you aren't too disappointed.

Jim

Nordic Prince 8/88

Viking Serenade 3/93

Enchantment 3/01

Rhapsody 9/02

Splendour 4/03

Rhapsody, 9/03

Brilliance, 4/04

Until Our Caribbean Princess Cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;06;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;4;6;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-1100

We hope you all come over and join us on the April 6th cruise. Looking forward to meeting everybody. Sorry that your plans were changed.

Don

Carnival Mardi Gras 04/75

NCL Skyward 05/84

NCL Southward 04/91

Carnival Ecstasy 12/93

Crown Princess 12/94

Seabourn Legend 05/96

Enchantment of the Seas 08/01

Celebrity Infinity 10/01

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/02

Splendour of the Seas 4/03

Splendour of the Seas 10/03

Silver Whisper 4/04

Until Our Infinity Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;6;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-1100

Until Our RSSC Diamond Cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;7;2;15;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Until Our Silver Whisper Cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;11;21;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Okay, I have to know, what's the deal with Ensenada? It seems to be avoided like the plague..haha I think it's a bus ride from SanDiego, but is there anything else that's crappy about it? I hope that we are offered Apr 6th, my husband negotiated that time off which is a tough time of year for him...I'm fortunate I can take off whatever time I want with little difficulty. We are also hoping to spend a few days in Honolulu before the cruise...we got some deal with cheap airfare though (300 from Detroit rather than 2000) so we are unsure if the dates can be changed or the cost associated, but we are sure going to try. We'll know closer to the departure date what we can work out. We are newly certified scuba divers and would like to do a dive before we go rather than try to figure out what we can do thru the excursions on the ship. We'd also like to recover from jetlag...for us, we'll leave Detroit at 7 am, fly for 14 hours nonstop and arrive at noon...of course for us it will be 9 pm....who wants to miss out on anything that first moment, however the next day we'll be useless. Anyway, once we know for sure, I will join the roll call, my husband is very shy, I am not, so it would be nice to make some friends before we go so I we can mingle a bit...it will be our first time having 4-5 days just at sea. I'm glad it's at the end of the journey as we find cruising is so busy compared to our resort vacations...a nice time to relax on the tail end will be great. Thanks to all of you for information.

Carol

9/3-Princess-Alaska

Hi Carol:

Jim here from the Roll Call........I can't specifically answer your question about Ensenda.....last time my wife and I were there was in 93 on a cruise and to tell you the truth there wasn't much there.......I think it was just a stop in the road to comply with the Jones Act.

The bus ride (and I know you meant this) is actually from Ensenada TO San Diego. That means 2 1/2 hours on the bus after getting off the ship at 7am or so to cross the border and go through immigration and customs at the border........anyway you slice it a pain in the neck. It is my understanding that once you get off the ship, row after row of busses are lined up, you and your luggage get on a bus and head off to the border and then San Diego. I don't know this from experience but from a fellow cruiser that has made the trip.

We look forward to you joining us on the Roll Call........we have a great group so far.

Jim

Nordic Prince 8/88

Viking Serenade 3/93

Enchantment 3/01

Rhapsody 9/02

Splendour 4/03

Rhapsody, 9/03

Brilliance, 4/04

Don't worry about Ensenada. We were on the Mercury on the October 10 sailing 2001. This was right after 9-11. the worst thing was getting up real early and getting off the boat by 5 am. You won't have to leave this early. We had to because of the security at the border. Celebrity did not know how long we might be held up at the border. Even that was not a big thing. We got off the bus went into the building showed our passports and got on the bus again. Ensenada looks like a Mexican town but the scenery of the ocean going back to the states is beautiful. The worst thing for us was when we flew out of San Diego we could look down and see the Mercury in the harbour. She left Ensenada empty and stopped in San Diego to pick up people for the next cruise.

Hi Anita, Otima and all,

We changed our booking to the April 6th Hawaii also. We'll definitely spend some time in Hawaii before as well. So we'll meet after all.

I hate those bus rides, but it's not that bad. I'm sure we'll have a great time. Looking forward to meeting you.

Joan

Archived