Checking on cabin availability online?

banshee72

Wife and I are planning to cruise on the Independance of the Seas on March 16th. For financial reasons we will not be able to book until late Jan. I went on their website and I went far enough into the booking process where I could pick my cabin. Is there any way of telling what cabins are taken? I see that there are several different colors...not sure if it is just signify different types of cabins or if there is a color that shows what cabins are already booked. Would like to be able to keep track of this so I wont be disappointed if we dont get a balcony room (or any room). Thanks.

If a cabin is being shown on the website, it's available. The different colors are different catagory cabins. Just look at a copy of the deck plans and the explanations for catagories and types of bedding in each.

I findit easier to have the deck plans in front of me, and call and book on the phone.

Thank you for your time. However whenever I go to try and book a cabin, all the cabins ae shown. It seems last time we booked a cruise (granted it was 6 yrs ago) we could actually see what cabins are already reserved...I dont see where I can see that now :confused:

Thank you for your time. However whenever I go to try and book a cabin, all the cabins ae shown. It seems last time we booked a cruise (granted it was 6 yrs ago) we could actually see what cabins are already reserved...I dont see where I can see that now :confused:

You won't see those that have been reserved already. Easiest way to do this would be to choose your cabin category you want, choose the deck you want, and check and see if a particular cabin is available (if you have a specific preference). If it does not show up as available for booking, then you can assume it is already reserved.

It really does you no good to see what cabins are available "now" or "not" as that changes constantly..especially after the final payment date which will be your booking...At the end of January when you are ready to book you will be able to choose from those cabins that are available at that time...Have a deck plan in front of you and call RCI directly...Best of luck and enjoy this amazing and one of our favorite ships !!

Good news..at least for us. A family member is lending the money for the cruise so we will get to book this week instead on late Jan. :)

How nice for you and generous of your family.....Hope you are able to get a great cabin location...Just remember to keep a check as cabin prices and locations can change and you may be able to do even better...Good luck and Enjoy :)

If you go through the online booking you will see a list of available staterooms. But, be aware that sometimes there are other staterooms available that will not show online. When we booked we called RCI directly and found that an aft stateroom that was not listed online was actually available. Yeah...it was quickly gone as we snapped it up!

Archived