Ships of yesterday...

LoraJ

I just returned from an amazing Mediterranean cruise on NCL's Epic. For half of the cruise we would end up by a familiar looking ship, the Sovereign. Although I never sailed her, I figured it had to be the old Sovereign of the Seas.

I also saw the old Carnival Celebration. I think it is so nice to see these old ships re-purposed. I was sad when the first ship I ever sailed on had been scrapped. From what I could see, everyone on board seemed to be having a good time. :)

But here is the old SOS:

DSC00519_zpsad67fac1.jpg

I just returned from an amazing Mediterranean cruise on NCL's Epic. For half of the cruise we would end up by a familiar looking ship, the Sovereign. Although I never sailed her, I figured it had to be the old Sovereign of the Seas.

I also saw the old Carnival Celebration. I think it is so nice to see these old ships re-purposed. I was sad when the first ship I ever sailed on had been scrapped. From what I could see, everyone on board seemed to be having a good time. :)

But here is the old SOS:

DSC00519_zpsad67fac1.jpg

I can see my honeymoon cabin... Sailed on Soverign of the Seas 10 years ago.

Ahhhh, Sovereign OTS....our first cruise in 1994. The beginning of a great love affair.

...and ours as well in 1992. Also had two on Majesty back when Sovereign, Majesty, and Monarch were the industry "state of the art" ships sailing the Eastern, Western, and Southern Caribbean routes respectively as the RCI queens of the fleet.

Archived