Missing (Diamond) VIFP perk on the Sensation - August sailing

Tom-n-Cheryl

We have cruised Carnival twice over the last three months since the new VIFP program was rolled out. We are Diamond guests and found that, on our 6/29 Liberty sailing, everything was in place and perfectly executed.

I can't say the same for the Sensation though... we never received the "Special invitation from the Captain on each sailing". I assumed that perhaps it was like the past guest party: they don't occur on sailings of less than 5 nights. After contacting Carnival I learned that the Captain's invite should be on all ships, of all durations.

Any other Diamond guests out there who have had this, or other perks of the new program, slip through the cracks? As is often the case, there are some ships where things run very smoothly, others, not so much...!

Just curious!

Tom

My wife and I are also Diamond level and on our 5 Aug Splendor sailing we were invited by the Captain to tour the bridge--we did and it was wonderful!! We also think that the invitation by the Captain is a one time event and will not be extended on each following cruise. Would be interested to hear what others think. We will find out in October as we sail on the Magic.

My wife and I are also Diamond level and on our 5 Aug Splendor sailing we were invited by the Captain to tour the bridge--we did and it was wonderful!! We also think that the invitation by the Captain is a one time event and will not be extended on each following cruise. Would be interested to hear what others think. We will find out in October as we sail on the Magic.

I have heard many people indicate that the bridge tour is common offering. By definition though, it is on "each sailing" per the Carnival page I linked to on my first post. Some people have been invited during departure from a port as well - which certainly makes it that much more interesting! Though I'll admit, we like to hang out on our balcony as we leave ports.

Tom

Tom - sorry they messed up your Sensation special event by not having one. Yes, it is supposed to be on every cruise. We just did a B2B on the Dream and the first week we had tea with the captain and officers. That was nice but not very special since it was exactly like the regular tea but with the addition of the officers. The second week we were invited to the bridge during sailaway from Costa Maya and were served mimosas, champagne or orange juice and little snacks. The first week had 17 guests and I guess that was too many for a bridge tour. I mentioned to several people that we really wanted a bridge tour for the second week but I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not but we did have fewer people but still about 15.

Tom - sorry they messed up your Sensation special event by not having one. Yes, it is supposed to be on every cruise. We just did a B2B on the Dream and the first week we had tea with the captain and officers. That was nice but not very special since it was exactly like the regular tea but with the addition of the officers. The second week we were invited to the bridge during sailaway from Costa Maya and were served mimosas, champagne or orange juice and little snacks. The first week had 17 guests and I guess that was too many for a bridge tour. I mentioned to several people that we really wanted a bridge tour for the second week but I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not but we did have fewer people but still about 15.

That's OK - the Sensation is more focused on getting the party crowd out to sea and back for the quickie. We had one sailing where we never received any Platinum perks a few years ago - and that was after calling guest services each day (not nagging, more an inquisitive follow up.. again and again)!

That's a fair number of Diamond guests on both your Dream sailings! On our Liberty sailing we were the only two, on the Sensation there was one other.

Tom

Archived