Day room in Waikiki after POA

Dj2008

Does anyone know of a place in Waikiki/Honolulu that I can book a day room after we disembark? I'm cruising Nov. 3 - Nov. 10 and my flight doesn't leave until 10:17pm on the 10th. Looking for a place to put my bags and take a shower before my overnight flight. I don't mind booking an overnight stay, but more concerned with check in time since we disembark so early in the morning. PLEASE HELP!!!

Does anyone know of a place in Waikiki/Honolulu that I can book a day room after we disembark? I'm cruising Nov. 3 - Nov. 10 and my flight doesn't leave until 10:17pm on the 10th. Looking for a place to put my bags and take a shower before my overnight flight. I don't mind booking an overnight stay, but more concerned with check in time since we disembark so early in the morning. PLEASE HELP!!!

We did the Hilton Hawaiian Village... it was the only hotel that lets you do a day room... but you can check in at 7am and check out I do believe was at 5pm.... also check on the web site of NCL they may have added by now day rooms under hotels.

We added the day room at the Marriott - I do not rmember how much but well worth it to us. We had to pick up our bags in port and take them to the bus where as post cruise hotel overnighters had theirs delivered to the hotel. Again no problem. We were the last group to leave the ship, 9:30 ish and when we got to the hotel rooms were not ready but they store your bags. We went fro a little walk and check back around 11:45 and our room was available so we rabbed our bags went up and re-packed since we just threw everything into the suitcases Friday night and then we went to the beach for a few hours. Check out was 6 so we showered, checked out and headed to the airport.

Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Marriot are all great choices but if you're not looking to spend so much, try the EWA HOTEL. It's at the far end of the strip in Waikiki, but the last time I was in Hawaii, the rooms cost around 50 bucks. I wouldn't mind staying at the hilton or marriot or even one of the outrigger hotels but it seems a waste to pay a lot just for a day room when you won't be using their amenities.

Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Marriot are all great choices but if you're not looking to spend so much, try the EWA HOTEL. It's at the far end of the strip in Waikiki, but the last time I was in Hawaii, the rooms cost around 50 bucks. I wouldn't mind staying at the hilton or marriot or even one of the outrigger hotels but it seems a waste to pay a lot just for a day room when you won't be using their amenities.

Can I get a day room at EWA Hotel?? I checked the other two and there is no information that I found on day rooms for Marriott and HHV has no openings for the 10th. Plus I really don't want to spend $180 on a room for a few hours. I'm barely willing to pay that for the whole night, lol!!! The cheaper the better!!

You should be able to get a day room. I'd say give them a call. http://www.ewahotel.com/

I would also check out the Hawaiian Colony which is a hostel type place but again, you get what you pay for. Most often you can get a room all to yourself but it is rented out as a hostel. 1946 Ala Moana Boulevard #101, Honolulu, HI 96815 (808) 942-8748

hawaiihostelwaikiki.com‎.

The only other place that I know of that's pretty cheap and right by the Ala Moana Mall is the Pagoda Hotel, but that's not in Waikiki. (808) 941-6611.

The Aqua Hotel & Resorts has a # of moderately priced properties in the Waikiki area, you might be want to call a # of them directly about availability of day room & applicable rates. We stayed at the Aqua Aloha Surf, which is only 2 blocks away from the beach in the central core of Waikiki - the lowest available discounted AAA or AARP rates is just $99 + taxes/surcharges for a regular Saturday night in early November.

https://book.aquaresorts.com/?hotel=allhotels&start=0&rate=paaa

It is nicer than the EWA but certainly not the HHV or Marriott, but clean & well managed, free in-room internet, and a place to store your luggage, change, shower & take an afternoon nap. Plus, plenty of restaurants around the corner to eat & an ABC store for last minute gift items.

Can I get a day room at EWA Hotel?? I checked the other two and there is no information that I found on day rooms for Marriott and HHV has no openings for the 10th. Plus I really don't want to spend $180 on a room for a few hours. I'm barely willing to pay that for the whole night, lol!!! The cheaper the better!!

We booked the Marriott through NCL. I did not find info on the Marriott site either but read about it on NCL hotels.

We booked the Marriott through NCL. I did not find info on the Marriott site either but read about it on NCL hotels.

TSUmom:

How much did NCL charge for the day room at the Marriott? We are thinking about doing this in a couple of weeks.

TSUmom:

How much did NCL charge for the day room at the Marriott? We are thinking about doing this in a couple of weeks.

I believe it was about $100 ea. It was worth it for us, we thought about an excursion but we would have been at the airport around 4. Our flight was not out until 10:15. It included transportation to the hotel but not from the hotel to the airport. It was also kind of silly that we had to pick up our bags from the pier, take them to the bus and then take them into the hotel because we were with the passengers that had post cruise transfers and hotel stays and their baggage was taken care of. No big deal but we thought we looked like we did not know what we were doing dragging our luggage with us. We just smiled and joined the line for the bus.

We have the same issue ... which I am sure most of the East-Coasters do... late flight out of Honolulu.

Pre cruise we are staying at the HHV. When we called regarding a day rate for 10/20, they said they have a convention coming in that weekend and right now there are no rooms, but we should keep trying. The cost seemed reasonable, but I don’t know it off hand because my wife spoke to them. So I went to NCL to inquire about the Marriot. I could not book it with them I had to go through my TA. Called BJ’s and had them call NCL and they gave us a quote of $159 PER PERSON, yes PP! I asked several times if this was PP and I was told yes. Doesn’t that seem totally outlandish?

Time is getting short, but we will keep trying.

Google and Bing will give you a lot of choices on where to stay. If you go with HHV or Marriott, you're going to pay for the convenience of not having to shop around for a room, having a bus take you from the boat to the hotel, and some really nice looking rooms to stay in. Sort of like booking shore excursions through the cruise line vs. going and shopping on your own.

Having lived in Hawaii for 12 years, I would say that if you're really serious about spending the least amount of money for a day room, and overall costs, this is what I would do: I just called the hawaii colony and they not only have hostels for 35 a person, they have private rooms for 75 a person or 85 for two people. It is by no means extravagant, but it is conveniently located on Ala Moana Blvd, which is on the same street that the ships dock, which means you can take the public bus to the hotel and also from the hotel to the airport. It's also right next to Todai's, which is one of the best deals for all you can eat sushi in Honolulu. Below on the ground floor there's a moped rental place if you're into that, personally I'd walk. You are right at the edge of waikiki so you can walk the strip. Locomotion and Hard Rock Cafe are in walking distance for souvenirs. If it's a Friday, you can catch the fireworks right by the HHV. If you're not looking to spend so much on food, the Wailana Cafe or Mcdonalds is a block away.

Again, booking your day room through the cruise lines eliminates a lot of the hassles but I've always been one to choose when to spend for convenience and when to be frugal.

which has the nicest pool? We are in port and just looking for a great pool nice beach and an excellent bar...

If you don't mind spending some money, I would say the Waikiki Outrigger on the Beach has a great bar, Pool and is also right on the beach. It'll be about $250 a day though.

which has the nicest pool? We are in port and just looking for a great pool nice beach and an excellent bar...

I found a cheaper alternative, the Ohana Waikiki West has a nice pool and their outdoor bar is pretty good too, however it's not right on the beach, but you can get there, it's right across the street and it's about 100 a night. But because of the cheaper rate, you'll probably see a lot of guests by the pool.

Archived