Changing people per final payment

nivek82

I have a thought and not sure if they will let me do this or not. For our upcoming cruise we have 2 adults 1 child and 2 over 55 (wouldn't call that senior so I will use what they have listed on their site).

There was a 55+ discount on our cruise. Would it be possible since its before final payment to move one person out of one cabin and into another so both rooms in our group get the 55+ discount?

Just wondering if anyone else has done the same.

It could work only if there is a senior discount offered on your particular cruise. I have been a senior for several years and have never been on a cruise that is offering that discount. We did catch the Fireman, EMT, Emergency discount once. It was offered for about three days and I happened to log onto my reservation at the right time and got a great discount. Can't remember how much it was, but I remember it made me really happy. I thing we moved from an inside room to a balcony room with just a small increase in cost, under $100. As I said, if there is a senior discount offered for the cruise, adjusting your passengers could give both rooms the discount because only one person has to qualify to get the discount.

Before final payment, you can change all but one passenger name in a cabin, so theoretically, yes. After final payment date, they don't honor any price drops so the only way you'd benefit is if the discount was offered on a higher category cabin and you upgraded.

Archived