Sleeping Late?

You may hear the captain announcing arrival at port and perhaps the activities director. It all depends how light a sleeper she is. It comes through the hallway speakers, not right into your room. If your wife is dedicated to sleeping in, she'll have no problem!!;) Enjoy your trip.

I've had cabins E-1 and M-6, which are both at the very front of the ship, and I have heard the anchor being dropped when docking. Very loud, but only lasts a few seconds. Never heard this while in mid-ship cabins.

Above is correct about announcements. Unless it's an emergency, all announcements are heard in the hallways only, and only faintly come through to the cabins. I have had to open my cabin door to hear what was being said.

Ear plugs. Inexpensive. Great muffler. ;)

Various sounds like anchor and engines depend a lot on the location of your cabin.

Announcements vary with the cruise line and ship. NCL seems to have announcements more frequently than other lines that we have been on.

If you have an outside room, light may be a problem. If DW is bothered by light she may want to take a sleep mask.

Charlie

My wife wanted to know if it was possible to sleep late on the ship when it is in a port of call. Will there be any loud speakers or noise other than the anchor dropping and people in the hall?

I just cannot imagine wanting to sleep in late rather than get up and go and see so many new places. :confused: Guess it is good we are all not the same. :D

Michelle

We have had no problem sleeping late on Celebrity. In fact we have to make sure that we have at least an oceanview cabin - with an inside, we could sleep till the afternoon - only the daily noon announcement from the captain stating time, weather location, arrival time at next port, etc. and even that announcement is not broadcast to the cabins.

with an inside, we could sleep till the afternoon

We had an inside on the Millennium and had to use a towel under the cabin door to keep light out. Without it the room was like twilight.

Other ships the insides have been dark as tombs.

Regardless, it seems like 6:30 and we are awake.

Charlie

Sorry that you had to do that Charlie - we have never found that in our cabins on the Millie or any other Celebrity ship. What cabin did you have so that I can avoid booking that one?

Sorry that you had to do that Charlie - we have never found that in our cabins on the Millie or any other Celebrity ship. What cabin did you have so that I can avoid booking that one?

We were in 2120. Great cabin, location, everything really. The light thing was a nuisance.

Charlie

Just finished a cruise on the Adventure and morning noise was not a problem.

Announcements where broadcast on a speaker under the desk in our room, 8330, and we had control of the volume. All the way to "OFF" if we wanted.

In port we were always tied up to the dock, so the anchor was never dropped.

The truth is that we had a couple of young ladies at our dinner table who never went to bed until 5am and had no problem sleeping until 2pm one day.

Just be sure to put out your "Do Not Disturb" sign and everything will be fine.

Archived