February Miami Hotel Recommendation

willise

I know there are a million threads on Miami hotels (and I've read hundreds of them :)), so I really apologize for asking this again.

There are 10 people in our party for a cruise on February 9 and we need three hotel rooms for February 8th. We are currently booked at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North for $150. We booked it a long time ago, because it was new and a great price. We know there is virtually nothing in the area, so that is why we are looking for another hotel now that we are only 4 months away.

We would like to find something under $200 a night, near Bayside, Blue Lagoon, or the port I guess. We would like to visit the Seaquarium on the afternoon before the cruise, but we don't really want to rent a vehicle since we'd need two.

I've been checking LMT, and found many hotels - but not knowing the area, I decided to ask the experts here!! So do we stay where we are or try for something else? While I'd love to stay at the Intercontinental - I don't think the price is going to be available.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I booked the Hoiliday Inn POM it is right across from Bayside mall & easy access to the port

It was under $200 for March

Look for hotels in the Downtown

You could try Hotwire or Priceline (bidding) there is a sticky here on wins from PL

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried Priceline in the past and have gotten burned a few times because they only account for 2 people. We ended up getting rooms that only had a king bed, and the hotel would not move us to a 2 double bed room either because they were full or they didn't want to.

I've looked at the HI POM and can get it for $160 which is great. And I understand everyone has different standards - the reviews cover the spectrum from "complete dump" to "great location for pre night stay". We just really want clean and safe.

If HI POM fits the bill, I wouldn't mind staying there, especially given the location which everyone says is exceptional.

I booked the Hoiliday Inn POM it is right across from Bayside mall & easy access to the port

It was under $200 for March

Look for hotels in the Downtown

You could try Hotwire or Priceline (bidding) there is a sticky here on wins from PL

I second this one..stayed here pre-cruise a few times, it is a great location and reasonably priced, for Miami that is.

Use betterbooking.com or bidfortravel.com to see what others are getting for their bids.

Downtown hotels to consider besides the Holiday Inn include the Hyatt, Intercontinental, Marriott, Doubletree and Hampton Inn.

You might also look at other airport area hotels with shopping and dining options nearby - check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood (Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn and others) that are a 5-10 minute walk from a local strip mall with fast food, sit-down dining, as well as grocery, drug and liquor stores.

Good luck! :)

Miami Airport Area should bring up the Blue Lagoon hotels, but be careful, there's a couple of cheesy ones in there. Yeah I'm looking at you Rodeway Inn and Red Roof.

On your date, you could get the Hampton Inn Brickell for $209 non refundable. It includes breakfast.

Right behind the hotel is the Metrorail Station, you can grab the B bus (Route 102) right into the Seaquarium for $2.00 per person. Lots of places to hang out are in walking distance. You could also see the rest of downtown on the free MetroMover or the free Miami Trolley.

When looking on LMT, what area constitutes the Blue Lagoon area?

Before you bother with LMT, Priceline or another booking site, why not try the Hilton web site (besides the Hilton there, they also own the Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn).

I'm not familiar with LMT but have used Priceline and Hotwire -- do your homework at www.betterbidding.com before using either of those.

Good luck! :)

One thing to consider with hotels downtown & further afield is they do not have free shuttles

I looked at the Hampton Inn not too far from the port & they stated the taxi would be in the $80 range

from the airport

Correction that was from FLL airport sorry about my mistake

From Miami airport it is $25

Archived