Noordam FLL - Barcelona, now Rome!!!!

Tina G

What date do you arrive in Rome? Are there any stops between Spain and Rome?

I understand this change is to allow for the revised dry dock that was cancelled. The next cruise on HAL's website after the TA is on 21 April out of Rome.

Carol, do you know when Ryndam's next dry dock will be?

i agree with some of the others on the airfare change. getting to the sirport is going to cost a lot more, too.

i think the shiboard credit is pretty cheap, too.

..........and what bothers me most is that the greedy hal not even bothered to give us a free upgrade to a better cabin.

I didn't even want the best suite, only a little bit better......

I feel sorry for that person from HAL if they have the nerves to call me and ask if I want an UPSELL.......

This me third TA with HAL, and the third were we have trouble.

In our TA in the easter they cut out a lot of planned parties and other things, and cut down the childrens club with 20% without telling before dau two.

I have booked directly to HAL and after a long discuission and a lot of f''k y'u HAL I got this answer;

Dear Mr. H********,

I would like to come back to you regarding the below.

From our head office, we received an message that we are able to refund extra costs made for flights.

Attached you can find an letter where you can find this information.

As you can see, we are able to refund up to 250 USD per booking.

If you have more costs to make, please let us know so we are able to discuss this with our head office.

Please fill in the attached letter and sent this back to us prior October 25th.

Hope to inform you as good as possible.

Kind Regards,

Irene M. Bijnen

Reservation Sales Agent, Benelux & Scandinavia

Holland America Line, Rotterdam Office, The Netherlands

Phone: 00800-724 5425

Phone Belgium: 0800 1873 1873

Fax: +31(0)10-297 6666

Email: informatie@hollandamerica.com <mailto:informatie@hollandamerica.com>

hollandamerica.com

-----------

We are three persons in that booking and the few dollars we got isn't even enough to pay for a taxi from far, far away and to the airport.

The 250 dollar for airplanes is a joke! One thing is the money for the change, but what about all the hours we have to spend in the phone for cancel everything in Barcelona???

Somebody/a lot of people in HAL don't have brains at all :(

They could whitout any problems have stopped in Barcelona the 6. of april, and let the people of who wanted to stay there, and then contuied to far, far away from Roma, and give that people 100 euro for an extre night in a hotel in Barcelona.

If they had done that, everybody had been HAPPY......

Is that to much to ask for???

Keep track of all your increased expenses including airfare, telephone, airport shuttles. Ask HAL to reimburse you for every penny. You could also ask about cancelling and getting a full refund including your airfare and telephone costs. You want cash, not vouchers or future credits. Keep after them.

Without looking, I will bet their cruise contract allows Holland America to change their itinerary at any time for any reason without giving you a penny.

Keep track of all your increased expenses including airfare, telephone, airport shuttles. Ask HAL to reimburse you for every penny. You could also ask about cancelling and getting a full refund including your airfare and telephone costs. You want cash, not vouchers or future credits. Keep after them.

Without looking, I will bet their cruise contract allows Holland America to change their itinerary at any time for any reason without giving you a penny.

it does. the way it is written, they could cancel the cruise entirely and not give you a refund. contracts are frequently voided in a court of law though.

Can I safely assume that this change is limited to the eastbound cruises next spring and will not affect the westbound, Barcelona-Tampa, in November, 2013? Please, please. . .

The reason for the change is that the Noordam is going in to drydock after dumping the passengers in Rome. It shouldn't affect other sailings.

i checked, and no ca (lanai) cabins are available for booking on 2013 cruises. At least not yet anyway.

good !! :)

Possibly Ryndam has passed the age where they feel they will sail her long enough to recoup the expenses for ibuilding Lanais prior to selling the ship. Just a guess, of course.

They now have their track record as to demand and how much guests are willing to pay for that category on the "S"sisters, Veendam and Maasdam.

it does. the way it is written, they could cancel the cruise entirely and not give you a refund. contracts are frequently voided in a court of law though.

Where in the contract does it say that? It would not be legal and certainly would not be upheld in a court.

• 4 months later...

The only 'hang-up' we have is that we fly home as non-revenue passengers on AA (daughter is a flight attendant). AA does fly from Barcelona to Miami but does not fly from Rome to Miami so we have to get to an airport that AA flies from.

AA flies from Rome to Chicago with several AA connecting flights to MIA:D

The only 'hang-up' we have is that we fly home as non-revenue passengers on AA (daughter is a flight attendant). AA does fly from Barcelona to Miami but does not fly from Rome to Miami so we have to get to an airport that AA flies from.

Do you realize you bumped a thread that hasn't had a response in 5 1/2 months? :eek:

Rome vs Barcelona

In my opinion, Rome is somewhere you visit to see all the famous landmarks and places of interest. When you have seen them all there is not much reason to go back.

Barcelona on the other hand, again in my opinion, is somewhere you can visit over and over again and never tire of it. Barcelona is not just about seeing the famous sites it is a wonderful, vibrant, modern city.

I expect my opinion is biased as Barcelona is my favourite city anywhere in the world and I go there often as it is just a few hundred miles from here.

Agreed! We did a land trip to Spain a couple of years ago and while all our cities were fantastic there is something about Barcelona that makes you want to go back. Loved it!

There are no frills flights from Rome to Barcelona that could be an option. Suggest Vueling as being an offshoot of Iberia they may be able to check your baggage through (Iberia is a AA partner).

Archived