Emerald Deck Balcony on Island

dawnprincess

I think there may be a thread about this, but I did a search and couldn't come up with anything. We have a balcony cabin (NOT mini-suite) on the Island Princess on the 15-day Hawaii Sailing on October 8th. I've heard some people say that you can request a chaise lounge from your cabin steward(?). Since this is one of the larger balcony sizes, just wanted some opinions. Would a chaise lounge AND a regular chair fit comfortably on this balcony? Would TWO chaise lounges fit (I know, now I'm being greedy). :D Has anyone had a balcony of this size and successfully requested a chaise lounge. Does this mean, they have 'extras' in storage around the ship? Also cushions for the chairs -- do they come automatically or do you have to ask your steward for them.

Thanks so much in advance for all your help!

I was in E709 last week. It is a great balcony. Big, covered and private. Yes, there is plenty of room for one lounge chair. Two would fit but not with the two regular chairs. I believe on Emerald that the forward balconies are not as large as the aft ones. We didn't request a chaise lounge but we did grab two of the little stool/tables and use them as an ottoman. The regular chairs recline back and with a foot rest are very comfy.

Keep in mind what you are requesting is above and beyond and your steward might not be willing to do it for you. A smile and a $20 might help.

Scott

We're in 701, one of the aft balconies -- I realize the fore balconies ae not as big. Looking at the photo (thanks!), I'm figuring we could ditch the bigger table and get 2 of the little ottoman size tables (thanks for that idea) instead. Maybe our steward could do a switch. And of course we would tip him for whatever extra he could do for us. Cruise ship employees are among the hardest working individuals anywhere and we always give more than recommended.

Anyone else's two cents would be appreciated.

Archived